Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing if there are any weekend gaming groups/locations who play medium to medium heavy games on Saturdays or Sundays near Pleasanton, Dublin, or Livermore in the bay area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
Seeing if there are any weekend gaming groups/locations who play medium to medium heavy games on Saturdays or Sundays near Pleasanton, Dublin, or Livermore in the bay area.

I know you're looking for something more regular, but I grew up in the East Bay and come down to the Bay Area throughout the year to visit family (I'm in Portland now). I also have a group of friends I board game with whenever I'm in town. If you're interested, I can let you kwow when we get together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stroodle88 wrote:
Sonicwarhol wrote:

I know you're looking for something more regular, but I grew up in the East Bay and come down to the Bay Area throughout the year to visit family (I'm in Portland now). I also have a group of friends I board game with whenever I'm in town. If you're interested, I can let you kwow when we get together.

Sure. Thanks. I met some guys I really enjoy playing with on Thursday nights, expanding my circle is always a positive though, so meeting your friends could possibly bring more opportunities. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian LaFountain
United States
Denair
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in that area sometimes as well. Let me know when that happens and I'd love to join if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Who am I sir? A Utah man am I!
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that there is a group that plays games at Shari's in Livermore on Tuesday evenings -- I believe there is a Facebook page, but I'm not on Facebook and can't find it right now. That doesn't directly give you the weekend gaming you're looking for, but hopefully you can go and make some connections.

With a handful of kids, I can't do any regular weekend gaming, but we try to host game nights a few times a year. I'll add you to my geekbuddies and try to remember to invite you when we get around to our next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools

Historical gaming at Endgame Oakland on the 1st, 3rd and the occasional 5th Sundays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iinnoo wrote:
I think Black Diamond games in Concord is now the only store open since House of Games and that one in Livermore closed. Otherwise you have to go into Oakland or Berkeley. Its pretty sucky now for tri valley folks.

Thanks, yeah, I know there is some game store between Pleasanton and Walnut Creek in Danville, but I was hoping for something closer, maybe I'll have to drive out there on a Saturday and see if anything is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
iinnoo wrote:
I think Black Diamond games in Concord is now the only store open since House of Games and that one in Livermore closed. Otherwise you have to go into Oakland or Berkeley. Its pretty sucky now for tri valley folks.

oh man! When did house of games close???

Maybe we need to make a new group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Stear
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House of Games is closing, oh wow, I think the final day is officially tomorrow. At least the announcement I saw a while back indicated it would be the 31st. Which yeah, sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Stear
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, plus there's a Game Kastle in Fremont. They might have gaming, I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sharpe08
msg tools
Not sure what type of games you are looking to play but if you are into historical/war games this would be a pretty good group to join.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EastBayWargamers/info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I actually have wanted to learn wargaming, so maybe I am a bit too blue for that group but it's good to know it exists in case I get some experience under my belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
Any luck finding a group? I got a GeekMail from
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking for a group in Livermore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Decker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in Pleasanton myself. It would be great to have at least a monthly group around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
See my comment above about the weekly gathering at Shari's in Livermore. That's the best I can do for now, except for people who work at one of the labs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gossamerica wrote:
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No, I did not receive an email from
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
. I saw on MeetUp that I guess there is a group that gets together at Galaxy Games in Dublin on Saturdays from noon to 6pm. I didn't go this weekend because of the local Con and I assumed it wouldn't be a true representation of the group. I am down for some weekend gaming, and
Rick Decker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
, if you are in the area, maybe we could put something together. I think Wednesday nights people get together at a Coffee Shop in Pleasanton and I've been twice but weeknights are just hard for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
gossamerica wrote:
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
. I saw on MeetUp that I guess there is a group that gets together at Galaxy Games in Dublin on Saturdays from noon to 6pm. I didn't go this weekend because of the local Con and I assumed it wouldn't be a true representation of the group. I am down for some weekend gaming, and
Rick Decker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
, if you are in the area, maybe we could put something together. I think Wednesday nights people get together at a Coffee Shop in Pleasanton and I've been twice but weeknights are just hard for me.

Weekly gaming on the weekends would be great. Any location or time preferences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good idea. I would be up for meeting to play some board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Silver wrote:
Sonicwarhol wrote:
gossamerica wrote:
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Decker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Weekly gaming on the weekends would be great. Any location or time preferences?

Character Cafe has games on their shelves for people to play, so its an environment that encourages game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
messaged me, looking for a weekend game group in Livermore/Pleasanton/Dublin. What's the latest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in Medium to Heavy games too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gossamerica wrote:
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
messaged me, looking for a weekend game group in Livermore/Pleasanton/Dublin. What's the latest?

I am not aware of anything getting started. I was in communication with somebody but we never met up, but I also got really busy with work, so that's partially my fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

I am a member of the group that played Tuesdays at Shari's, now closed, and has moved to IHOP on First near 580. We generally meet around 530pm, eat as we arrive and break out to game based on arrival times and speed of food consumption. Some show up for the dinner and convo and then leave, some show when they estimate that chow is done and get right to gaming, some show up whenever they get off work, and some are there for the whole thing.

The FB group is called Tri-Valley Geeks and includes many fandoms including boardgamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.