Subject: Would I be correct in asuming.... (rules) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Based n looking at the manual and playing the beginning scenario for the list 15 mins and watching a 30 minute "how its played" video. Would I be correct if I assumed that all the player has to know is you an only do two ACTIONS a turn (and moving is considered one action so you can still move twice then do another action its not move twice then your turn ends).

Also you cant move more than two space per turn.

Other than those two things it looks to me like the app pretty much handles the rest.. i.e you use it to check tokens and search, it tell you how many dice you need, how many success you need to win or negate stuff etc etc, the app does 95% of the heavy lifting all you really need to know is:

How to move
How many actions to take per turn
How to attack/dodge (checking enemy brawn)
How to move/push other characters or steal from them.
Taking physical/mental face up of face down damage and what it means if you you take too much.
How many dice to roll based on your characters stats and what you're checking it against.

Would I be correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Investigator Actions Handout to be very helpful when learning the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. This is one of the easiest games to explain there is. All the other things just go with the flow of the game.

By the way...
duomaxwell007 wrote:

That is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
(Not an actual in-game card.) :-p
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also knowing what "within range" is. And how fire spreads, and how it damages things. Everyone does the same horror check when it's against the same monster. There are probably more, plus details that only come up every now and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Well I know about setting fire but I dont see or cant think of any good reason someone would have for doing that.. especially on their very first time playing, so I would think that wouldnt even come up on the first game. Then by the time that first game finishes everyone would have enough of an idea of what theyre doing and how to play they game then we can start adding more stuff too it like setting fire and all the other stuff thats sure to come up in later scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
CodenameGreyFox wrote:
Yes, you are correct. This is one of the easiest games to explain there is. All the other things just go with the flow of the game.

By the way...
duomaxwell007 wrote:

That is wrong.

I recall that being correct... unless Im imagining things and he number of times you can move isnt set by the rules of the game but instead by your investigators stats.... i,e someone with higher speed or agility can move more spaces per turn than someone with lower speed/agility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is two spaces per action so potentially an investigator can move 4 spaces on a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also pretty important to understand how damage and horror works. Also, becoming insane is something you may want to know. Usually, I explain the rarely used actions (such as set fire and push) when the first investigator becomes insane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.