Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel sheepish for troubling you all with a minor question, as I *think* I know the answer, and the rules are superb -- clear, well-organized, even fun to read. Still, just to be sure:

After finishing the first time period (successfully, I think, but it was tense!), there was a North War Column on the board, stacked with the North "G" Instruction. (In fact, the War Column was in Upper Arkansas, but as I read the definition of "Comanche controlled," the column alone did not deprive me of control of the territory, and there was no enemy tribe or settlement in Upper Arkansas.)

History Card H2 says to remove the North "G" Instruction from play. Does that imply that the War Column on the board is removed too? The definition of a War Column is a War or Raid instruction stacked with a strength counter. So if the War Instruction is removed, I assume the War Column is removed as well?

(Incidentally, I just realized that North War Columns can never exceed 6. I checked the Vassal module to make sure I wasn't missing a counter. I'm not complaining!)

I'm adoring the game. Just last year I taught a course on American Indian Law, and I wish I could've drawn on what I've already learned from this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Quote:
If Instruction “G” is on the map as part of a War Column, the “When revealed” effect will End War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Gah. Forgot to check the FAQ. My apologies.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.