Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this just appeared:
https://www.acdd.com/manufacturers/arcane-wonders/onitama-se...

Claims to be an alternative set of 16 cards or just flat out 16 new cards to mix with the old. Good news for those who didn't get the promos, looks like the second dice tower promo is included, which likely means the first dice tower promo will also be included. Weirdly, this means that we'll already have the expansion in stores before the dice tower promos ever ship. Assuming it also includes Turtle and Dragon, we know 9 of the 16 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boggs
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powermad wrote:
So this just appeared:
https://www.acdd.com/manufacturers/arcane-wonders/onitama-se...

Claims to be an alternative set of 16 cards or just flat out 16 new cards to mix with the old. Good news for those who didn't get the promos, looks like the second dice tower promo is included, which likely means the first dice tower promo will also be included. Weirdly, this means that we'll already have the expansion in stores before the dice tower promos ever ship. Assuming it also includes Turtle and Dragon, we know 9 of the 16 cards.

AWESOME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! These would be great, wonder if they'll print some in the gold foil that they did for the original set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, they will not fit in the box yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm not against expansions in principle, for a game like this it irks me a little.

The charm of this game is its simplicity. Throwing in lots of extra cards somehow takes away from that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you play with a specific subset I don't have any issues, I'd love more variety of cards.

I'm a little tired of getting multiple variations on this shape in a game

[][][]
[]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Gullotti
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, there was an error on the image used. Sheep & Goat (the two 2017 promos) are not included in the Onitama: Sensei's Path expansion.

This expansion is 16 additional cards with different attack/movement grids. They can be used as a complete deck replacing the one in Onitama, or can be mixed up to provide more variety and combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Gullotti
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TabletopAdept wrote:
Of course, they will not fit in the box yuk

Oh, and also, they WILL fit in the original box unsleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoreChase wrote:
Just to clarify, there was an error on the image used. Sheep & Goar (the two 2017 promos) are not included in the Onitama: Sensei's Path expansion.

This expansion is 16 additional cards with different attack/movement grids. They can be used as a complete deck replacing the one in Onitama, or can be mixed up to provide more variety and combinations.

Will the promos (2016 and 2017) be available to purchase outside of crowdfunded projects or conventions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoreChase wrote:
Just to clarify, there was an error on the image used. Sheep & Goar (the two 2017 promos) are not included in the Onitama: Sensei's Path expansion.

On one hand, I'm happy my deck is now going to have 36 cards, but on the other hand I feel bad for people who can't get it now. I suppose such is life as a promo. Mostly happy to hear I don't know everything yet then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil O'Rourke
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LoreChase wrote:
Just to clarify, there was an error on the image used. Sheep & Goat (the two 2017 promos) are not included in the Onitama: Sensei's Path expansion.

This only makes me wonder even more about what else will be coming out with Sensei's Path. I'm behind the curve in getting my copy of the first release. I would be very interested in having an all-foil set though.

Maybe this could be the grid of moves? Kirin is a surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
Since you play with a specific subset I don't have any issues, I'd love more variety of cards.

[][][]
[]

OK, you convinced me. Bring it on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

[][][]
[]

OK, you convinced me. Bring it on!

Gimme!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saki Pithecius
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the Fox is the original Monkey

so will we be getting the other 7 original cards?

contenders to be made: Boar, Horse, Dog (Reverse Monkey/Fox)

In any Case, I look forward to adding the 16 new cards to the Matrix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what size box these cards will come in? Looks way too large in pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pearson
msg tools
The extension contains IGUANA and TANUKI cards, which look like the earlier SHEEP and GOAT. Renamed for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moszyński
msg tools
mbmbmb
powermad wrote:
LoreChase wrote:

On one hand, I'm happy my deck is now going to have 36 cards, but on the other hand I feel bad for people who can't get it now. I suppose such is life as a promo. Mostly happy to hear I don't know everything yet then!

36 cards? I only counted 34 total, what are the other 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Non Videri wrote:
powermad wrote:
LoreChase wrote:

Do you have the Sheep and Goat promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moszyński
msg tools
mbmbmb
jivjov wrote:
Non Videri wrote:
powermad wrote:
LoreChase wrote:

Do you have the Sheep and Goat promos?

Tiger, Kirin, Dragon, Turtle, Boar, Crab, Phoenix, Elephant, Monkey, Mantis, Crane, Giraffe, Ox, Horse, Rooster, Goose, Rabbit, Frog, Cobra, Eel, Fox, Dog, Panda, Bear, Sea Snake, Viper, Tanuki, Iguana, Sable, Otter, Mouse, Rat, Goat, Sheep – these are my cards. They add up to 34. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.