United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So.. fuel tank.. help..

Level 1. Turn 90
Level 2. Turn 90 or 180 and range 2
Level 3. Any direction and range 3

Now.. the range text on on the card, is that referring to when a minion hits your fuel tank during the take damage phase, so when the tank blows??

So if I had a stack of 3 flame cards with fuel tank on top, I have 2 minions next to me, I draw 2 damage cards and decide to blow my fuel tanks.

Will i effectively be hitting every damage square.. approx 51? for 1 damage on each square? so the little picture of range on the card.. every square takes 1 hit?

Then I discard the entire card stack and discard the damage cards.

I only ask as the card text states
"instead of drawing a damage card you may scrap the fuel tank card stack : * All targets in 1 range"

To me that reads as the fuel tank blowing what ever only ever does range 1 damage..

Comments please! :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the range part changes only the range of the effect triggered when you would take damage.

Yes, all Minions in the full range will be hit. However, you don't draw the damage cards and discard them. You would have drawn 2, but by exploding the Fuel Tank, you don't draw any, destroy all the Minions within the appropriate range, and discard the entire Fuel Tank stack.

The Level 3 version of Fuel Tank essentially becomes:

"Instead of drawing a damage card you may scrap the fuel tank card stack : * All targets in 3 range"

And 'in 3 range' means 3 or less, so the whole area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

"Face any direction and instead of drawing a damage card you may scrap the fuel tank card stack : * All non-mech targets in 3 range"

Slight fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes so basically a 7 x 7 square centered around your minion. So 48 potential targets. 7x7 = 49 less center square. So not 51. In practice it is usually a lot fewer than this. I have had about half that number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SmallRobot wrote:
So if I had a stack of 3 flame cards with fuel tank on top, I have 2 minions next to me, I draw 2 damage cards and decide to blow my fuel tanks.

No, you don't draw the damage cards and then discard them. You never draw the cards at all, if you trigger the Fuel Tank instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! Fuel tank explodes before any damage would be dealt to that mech, so you don't draw damage cards at all. Thematically, that makes sense, and mechanically (heh) it ensures you don't look at the damage prior to deciding if you want to fuel tank (oh that glitch won't hurt too bad, i'll just tank it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.