Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marco,

I'm a bit confused about the activating/deactivating part of the battle sequence.

Say you want to marshal two units costing 6 and 3, and let's say the resource limit for the first turn of battle is 6. You reveal both, which means you'll have to deactivate one of them. Say I deactivate the 3-cost unit.
So at this point, if my opponent's units have more range than mine, he would get to attack first. Say he defeats my 6-cost unit. Do I then get to activate my 3-cost unit and retaliate? If so, doesn't that mean that I have now used 9 resources on my turn, or are we already in the second turn of the battle round at this point?

Speaking of battle turns, what exactly signals the transition to the next turn of battle? Is it right after each side has performed an attack, or when neither player has anything left to do?

If I do have activated units left on the battlefield when the next turn begins, I assume they automatically count toward the resource limit, since that is the case for support cards that remain for several turns. Is that correct?

And lastly, when exactly can you activate deactivated units?

I find that the updated rule book doesn't make any of this very clear. I think what is needed is a detailed example of play to clearly show how the game flows.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hi Adrian,

first of all thank you for your inquiry and I hope you read this new rulebook http://www.winterlair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/EVERZON...

To respond to your question, I think the thing you missed is that each side has only ONE ATTACK PER TURN. So when both sides have attacked once (or haven't attacked this turn) the turn ends.

With this premise, consider the resources not as mana you spend, but more like slots you occupy. According to your example, if you activate 2 units, one of 6 and one of 3 (with limit of 6 resources), you deactivate the one of 3, your opponent attacks first and destroys your army composed by your unit of 6, then the "slots" are free so you must reactivate the unit of 3. As you haven't attacked yet this turn, you can counterattack with your new active unit. Then the turn ends and players may activate new units among their marshalled ones, according to the new resource limit (that grows up).

I hope to be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Marco. Yes, that does indeed help. I didn't quite understand the concept of the resource limit.
And the rule book I was perusing before posting this question was in fact the one you linked in your reply.
I still think it would be a good idea to include a couple of sample turns in any future version of the rules.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mingozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
EverZone - Colony Assault is on kickstarter and Giochistarter. Join the campaign!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510654531/everzone-colo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.