Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a two player game with my wife and a four player game at a gaming evening at a pub.

I also tried an idea for a solo variant, but stopped - not because it didn't work, but because I was bored.

My verdict:

thumbsup some interesting game mechanics
thumbsup the humor and the design (though I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone, I enjoy the Doctor Who references, for example)
thumbsup coop with lots of player interaction - you can't accomplish much without working tightly together
thumbsup a lot of potential for card combos
thumbsup lots of cards, and literally every card is different (with the exception of the five reference cards, thankfully

thumbsdown inconsistencies and ambiguities in card texts
thumbsdown very high complexity due to special rules on literally every single card in play: graduation year card, character cards, monsters and tests, items, and your hand, inviting analysis paralysis
thumbsdown seems to be virtually impossible to lose if you play defensively - which just leads to a longer game
thumbsdown "too long for what it's doing"

It's too bad for the thought and creativity that obviously went into it, but I doubt that it will see the gaming table often, if at all. Most probably in two player games, where the lower complexity keeps playing time a little bit lower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.