Android» Forums » General

Subject: Would android work with an app?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jamie from the secret cabal said he wanted FFG to use the mansions of madness 2nd template in the android universe so do you think that would work?..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mb
F&*@ Yeah!

I mean it most definitely would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with the app. I would think the main problem are the cards that interrupt players depending on what they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huff
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not be surprised if FFG was currently working on an app-driven Android game. Whether or not it will be an Android 2.0, I do not know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm never interested in board games that require apps. Additionally, so much of this game is rewarding in a tactile sense, so I don't know what would be worth short-cutting with an app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huff
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
I'm never interested in board games that require apps. Additionally, so much of this game is rewarding in a tactile sense, so I don't know what would be worth short-cutting with an app.

Well the app in Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition does not remove the bits of the game. As far as I know, all it does is add atmosphere (music, sound effects, animations, etc.) and takes care of some of the bookkeeping, such as what happens when you explore an area or open a chest.

If I was making an Android game with an app, I would do essentially the same thing. What would be very cool is that the game could become a true murder mystery where the app generates clues and leads for you to follow. While I like the Android board game as it was designed, I think an app-driven Android murder investigation game would be amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
geekhype wrote:
What would be very cool is that the game could become a true murder mystery where the app generates clues and leads for you to follow. While I like the Android board game as it was designed, I think an app-driven Android murder investigation game would be amazing.

That a completely different game. Android isn't a deduction game; it's a game about building the most successful narrative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huff
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
geekhype wrote:
What would be very cool is that the game could become a true murder mystery where the app generates clues and leads for you to follow. While I like the Android board game as it was designed, I think an app-driven Android murder investigation game would be amazing.

That a completely different game. Android isn't a deduction game; it's a game about building the most successful narrative.

Oh, I know that. But the game as it is has only been successful with gamers like us. Anyway, there is a multitude of ways that an app could enhance an Android game, whether it be Android 2.0 or an as of yet conceived game. I welcome the prospect of another game in the Android universe, but one that matches the rich narrative of Kevin Wilson and Dan Clark's Android would be the most welcomed prospect for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
The only question is: Would an Android app work on an iPhone? Or just an Android?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
The only question is: Would an Android app work on an iPhone? Or just an Android?

Poor poor Windows Phone, always left out of these discussions cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:

I was reading through the replies with my fingers crossed, hoping that no one had made this joke, so that I could. Curses!!! *shakes fist*

CommissarFeesh wrote:
Poor poor Windows Phone, always left out of these discussions cry

Ahh, all is right in the world, at least....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radien wrote:
Lhowser wrote:

I was reading through the replies with my fingers crossed, hoping that no one had made this joke, so that I could. Curses!!! *shakes fist*

Sorry, man. It was too obvious not to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
Sorry, man. It was too obvious not to make.

Yeah, but 8 other posters passed up the opportunity before you, so I was in suspense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.