Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two most successful games I bought back from Essen last year were Great Western Trails and Railroad Revolution. Possibly not the best two, The Colonists might be better, but the difficulty of getting a full game to the table make it less successful. (You can of course deduce what sorts of games I like - though not exclusively - from those three.)

As it happens, there were minor production errors in each. Railroad Revolution had (my copy) a single blue track missing. Irritating, but actually easily worked round (because you never use them all in practice). Great Western Trails has A/B sided buildings, you start playing with As, later you advance to a suggested random mixture. (Has anyone tried all Bs?) The red building 8 had the wrong B side (a repeat of A.) So not a problem if you stuck with 8A (and you start with all A as the way to play) or if playing with fewer than 4 players.

Now minor things like this are handled by companies in different ways. Railroad Revolution in particular I would have accepted a "sorry, but it's not really sensible to mail out individual single sticks to players" (picking up a stick next Essen might have been an option). And a "download, print, paste" fix to GWT would also have been good enough (and done). But neither did that. In response to emails (prompted by people on the Geek who reported this) I have my missing blue stick, and a reprinted red 8A/8B tile.

So, kudos to Eggert for GWT (*) and What's Your Game for RR, and in particular their customer service.

(*) I bought directly from them, rather than Stronghold - who I don't know what they are doing, but have also in the past been good with the original Core Worlds cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Coincidences and Good Serviced
It's a great thing about this hobby. I've never experienced a brush off from a game company. I've worked with FFG, Ares, GMT, Grey Fox, and Rio Grande when I had missing/damaged components and in every case they solved the problem at their expense in a timely manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boyd
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Every master was once a beginner
badge
Every master was once a beginner
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I've had a few times where something was wrong with a game (which is understandable since there are a lot of pieces and steps in manufacturing them) and I've never had a company that didn't correct it for me if I asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.