Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched for something like this but my google-fu doesn't seem to be working well. I'm looking for a listing that would show the "accurate" combination of heroes to fight against a mastermind/scheme combination that would be cannonically accurate to the comic(s) from which the scheme was drawn.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1601633/setups-new-players

Edit: Yea, I didn't read your entire post before posting this link. But still it might be worth a read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:

Edit: Yea, I didn't read your entire post before posting this link. But still it might be worth a read.

Thanks. I think I've read that one before. I generally use a randomizer to do the selection process, but lately have been been interested in doing more appropriately "themed" games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sch21c wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

Thanks. I think I've read that one before. I generally use a randomizer to do the selection process, but lately have been been interested in doing more appropriately "themed" games.

I'm in the same boat. Have always used a randomizer. But since SW2 I have been trying out new characters and masterminds instead. I realized since I have every expansion to this game I might as well start playing with what I find interesting over what an app tells me to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here yah go...

Http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1226852/rangerrobs-marvel-un...

Themed games with mastermind scheme villans and the hero teams to face them.

Give a shout with any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks Rob! You're <wait for it>
Legendary! Seriously, thanks for all you do for this community!

Now I just have to get the rest of the expansions (and see if I can find the FF one somewhere without selling a kidney).

I'm really looking forward to starting this campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go for the easy solution every time, the game will cease to be fun because there is no challenge. Just sayin'...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What's an "easy" solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant, going with the best Heroes to fight a Mastermind greatly reduces the challenge, but since there was some confusion I went and relooked at the OP. I see the confusion is my fault since you were looking for things in a canonic-sense. I thought you were looking for the best combos to defeat a Mastermind. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. I was just confused about your meaning. I agree with your statement regarding matching heroes with masterminds generally, but I'd like to recreate some of the classic storylines. Rob's campaign is a great jumping off point. I just need to get the rest of the expansions now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I don't like to toot my own horn, but I have been placing up weekly challenges for almost two years if you want to give them a gander and if there is anything you would like there:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1375425/all-new-weekly-chal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
Normally I don't like to toot my own horn, but I have been placing up weekly challenges for almost two years if you want to give them a gander and if there is anything you would like there:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1375425/all-new-weekly-chal...

Toot away!

I'm planning on starting your challenges as soon as I get the rest of the expansions (ordered and on their way). For the past few challenges, it seems I'm always missing one of the expansions you've included.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.