Subject: Off-field events to include in soccer game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Goyette
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm working on a pre-game "Match Day" table to add to a fictional universe I created in Soccer Blast Pro Soccer Game. I'm looking for help from fans of the beautiful game to brainstorm ideas for events I can add to the various tables. Here's my thoughts on how the system will work:

Prior to the game, each team rolls 3 d6. 1st d6 points to a specific 'area' where the match day event occurs. 1=Locker Room, 2=Training Pitch, 3=Board Room, 4=FA, 5=Press, 6=crazy stuff. The other two d6 and then read together in the style of the rolls in Second Season (11, 12...65, 66) to generate one of 36 events specific to that 'area'. The event is then resolved according to instructions on the table, with results such as giving a team extra chips, forcing players out of the lineup, etc. etc. Here's an example (sorry for the format, the spreadsheet won't paste correctly here):

Roll - 11

Description - Player demands to start next game or demands transfer

Effect - Manager roll to decide whether he gives in to demand; if player doesn't start he is transfer listed

The outcome of some events will depend on the manager's skill. Managers are rated "A" through "F". An "A" manager generates a positive outcome on a d6 roll of 1-5, "B" manager 1-4, etc. until an "F" manager who never gets the good outcome. Managers also have a preferred formation which I assigned via random d6.

There will be a table to identify which particular player participates in the event.

Bear in mind that some events are designed only to impact the fictional universe I've created (ex. player transfers, contract negotiations, retirements, etc.). These events won't have an effect on the specific game, but could easily be stripped out to create a table of events that only impact specific games.

I've been brainstorming ideas, googling infamous professional soccer scandals, and watching the 'pundit' shows on TV. But I need help generating more events. I figured this is the place. Any ideas geeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... you want "roll three dice and apply that effect to the game" to be more interesting than... rolling three dice and applying that effect -- and you seek to do that by having static text that gets read?

Can you describe the player agency in this sequential dice rolling?

Where do players make decisions (not have decisions made for them by random cubes)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.