Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Sold out ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gerarzo none
Belgium
flag msg tools
Tell me this is a joke.
I want that Blood Bowl Dwarf Collection !!
and its sold out befor i saw it was avalible devildevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
It's there now as of 5 minutes ago (they leaked it early by accident).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
It's there now as of 5 minutes ago (they leaked it early by accident).

And yet it's gone again (available less than 8 minutes according to my watch).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liber Malefic
Finland
flag msg tools
Buying Blood Bowl products is a far more tactical and challenging game than playing the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about ready to simply sell my stuff and get out now. It's ridiculous that if you aren't sitting by your computer at the exact moment it's available that you can't get it.

People have lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it only the special edition with a new pitch and dice that sold out? The dwarven team itself will be available in spades, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
Isn't it only the special edition with a new pitch and dice that sold out? The dwarven team itself will be available in spades, no?

Yes - the models, cards and pitch are still available as of now (but the question is, for how long?!)

Still ridiculous, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will happily sell you the 2016 edition Blood Bowl sitting sealed in my basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
GW is just trying to squeeze money out of people's collector impulses. The different pitches really provide very little to the game. Just find a digital copy of the weather table and just use it. The new pitchs are annoyingly big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, i am too stupid to understand: They could sell a lot more items without making their customers angry. I heard some will never buy any of their stuff again (me). Why dont they do it?

Why, why, WHY dont they produce more stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to rumors GW underestimated the popularity of BB. Due to the production time, the things released so far have all been produced according to original estimates.

Hopefully things will improve in some months.

GW have confirmed that they are looking at making more dice and pitches, but no promises though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Test Your Luck
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Instead of complaining that the dice and pitch are no longer available, just remember that they're optional extras; you don't need either to field a dwarf team. The Dwarf Giants are still available to pre-order on the UK site 13 hours after going up. The special play cards are still there too.

I was hoping for the dwarf dice, but apart from being a different colour, the ones in the starter set will do fine until GW make a new batch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooo, just a joke of course. NOT! Indeed, SOLD OUT!
But don´t think it´s worth worrying. Those things will be available again.
Besides, Cards & Team is what you need right? Ok, fine you got it. Still available.
What more do you really need? A field? Well, you have one in your base game box. Do you really need more then that 1 which is included? One day they´ll be available again. Just wait and see. Dice? Do you really need those specific dice? Use the dice you get in the Game box. Those are just as good as those Specific Team dices you know. Hardly think those Specific ones are some kind of magical or anything.

Always nice and fun to have those SPECIFIC Team this and Pitch that & blabla, but it´s not like the world will become ripped apart without it. You can manage fine without it.
Won´t worry the slightest BIT about this Blood Bowl thing AT ALL. When all comes to all, it isn´t really that SPECIAL.

Truly SPECIAL is when they release that SPECIAL boxed BLOOD BOWL book which is printed in 500 COPIES Worldwide, and it even includes that SPECIFIC ONLY 500 MADE SPECIAL Miniature contained within it + those extra few bits. Which is truly never EVER to be released outside of that SPECIFIC Boxed set.
Now THAT is something truly SPECIAL.

All that other Blood Bowl things. Ppffstt. Sit back, Relax, with time you´ll get it if you want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all still up for pre-order on GW-US. I ordered mine, supposed to be here by Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My flgs said they were getting them all in so I didn't pre-order. Hopefully they are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ambrose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It got switched on at 10am in the UK, dice sold out by 10:03, pitches gone by 10:08, useless!

I emailed GW, their excuse was they underestimated and the lead time on product meant they'd already ordered the dwarf stuff before they saw how quickly the skaven dice sold. They also said they're looking at reprints but not to hold your breath.

I asked if stores would get them, she said no as it was all online exclusives, local store manager told me the same thing a couple of weeks back, that stores won't be stocking bloodbowl.

I did also ask why they don't do 1 or 2 per customer as the dice are already going on eBay for £40+, she said they were looking at it, interestingly now they're sold out it says underneath them, limited to 1 per customer, bit late though! America, Australia and all of Europe have all sold out of dice and pitches, massive fail all round by whoever did the projections. And from a business perspective they've lost out as they could have clearly sold a shed load more had they had the stock, I'm sure someone has had a slapped wrist for such a poor effort.

I also thanked them for my email that arrived at 10:16 telling me about this new stock that linked me nicely to a sold out page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
US store has still, or again, everything.
Wasnt it sold out, too?

Great for the EU

The dice and pit are NOT optional for ME. Look > everything.
The minis are not needed, too. I have tons of other dwarf minis ...

I am the customer, they want my money and i decide if and when they get it.
Top priority for a company are satisfied customers and at least i am not very satisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ambrose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I thought that when I went on there, but if you actually click on the items, it then says they are sold out. The dice and the pitches anyway, which obviously then means any bundles including those.

I get what people are saying. You don't 100% NEED those pieces. But if you're playing any type of warhammer you don't NEED alot of things, but having them makes it more fun. Just hoping that reprint happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liber Malefic
Finland
flag msg tools
weaselcheese85 wrote:
America, Australia and all of Europe have all sold out of dice and pitches, massive fail all round by whoever did the projections. And from a business perspective they've lost out as they could have clearly sold a shed load more had they had the stock, I'm sure someone has had a slapped wrist for such a poor effort.

I'm really not surprised. It's the same people who thought killing off Old World in Warhammer Fantasy Battle and replacing it with Age of Sigmar would be brilliant business idea (which in reality caused masses to switch to Kings of War, the creation of fan made 9th Age for tournament environments and in many cases dropping the hobby all together) who now thought that Blood Bowl would really not sell that well and just be a curiosity for odd bunch of grumpy senior gamers.

Putting a tinfoil hat on one could even speculate that whoever's bright idea it was to kill off Old World in the first place probably ain't too keen on the release of Blood Bowl as it is set in sort of a version of Old World, so he/she doesn't really want it to make it that big, cause it would force GW to develop further a world that they for some reason* wanted to come to an end.

* the main reason being the difficulty of protecting intellectual properties in such a generic fantasy setting that itself is borrowing from other people's IP and being an attempt at finally blocking the aftermarket after the GW's court case against Chapterhouse Studios in which GW lost majority of their claims in court. Blood Bowl has all the same IP problems for GW as Old World and then some, as GW really can't have any legal control over market for generic fantasy setting football figures and parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wales
United Kingdom
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bloomin annoying, in fact so annoyed I sent a e-mail. Only to be told essentially, buy what you can while it is still in stock, it will soon sell out. To which I replied, 'Yeah, I don't think so. Perhaps I can sink my money into another game/company instead.'

Games workshop were doing so well again, and then...

Not to worry, there are many more games to play instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ambrose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
'Bloomin annoying, in fact so annoyed I sent a e-mail. Only to be told essentially, buy what you can while it is still in stock, it will soon sell out.'

What a stupid thing for them to say, that's when you wish there was a 'slap' button on your keyboard. This tactic of making nowhere near enough of things so people scramble for it is stupid, and most of the people buying just buy it to stick it on eBay. I know they're out to make money, everyone is, but why not have enough for all potential customers, it makes no sense. If you don't look after your customers, they won't continue looking after you. Even if it sold out in a week it would be more understandable. Selling out in 3 minutes with no more stock coming can't even go under bad planning, it's firmly in the realms of stupidity.

I looked on eBay this morning, the pitches are going for silly money, as are the dice. £70+ and £40+ respectively. All those people buying it up who don't even want it, NOT COOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liber Malefic
Finland
flag msg tools
weaselcheese85 wrote:
I looked on eBay this morning, the pitches are going for silly money, as are the dice. £70+ and £40+ respectively. All those people buying it up who don't even want it, NOT COOL!

No matter what one thinks of GW I'd still rather put my money in their pockets than pay scalpers on ebay. But given that GW has made it impossible - by both withstanding releases and selling such small batches that they're sold out in minutes - I guess scalpers selling those overpriced dice, pitches and individual black orc blockers and human blitzers have fat times ahead of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ambrose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Best not go eBay shopping just yet, most of it has just changed to 'temporarily out of stock'.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weaselcheese85 wrote:
Best not go eBay shopping just yet, most of it has just changed to 'temporarily out of stock'.......

This means that it IS comming back in stock, also confirmed by Andy Hoare (the guy in charge of BB at GW) on Facebook.

There should also be hope for Skaven dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So what this means is another small batch that will sell out within 5 minutes devil

I know GW too well laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.