Subject: Running a Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Hedges
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
A few people I've talked to about Outrider have talked about running the game as a campaign instead of one-off games.

Some Ideas:

Players start with 28 points to divide up between dice and extra skill points. Players advance through earning points to increase dice/SP up to a max of 50. Players would get SP for completing various missions.

Looking at rule sets to determine non-car related actions. One thought is the Interstate '76 Burning Rubber RPG. It uses just D6 for die rolls, and is pretty detailed, plus it's free. The car-combat is kind of clunky, but we're going to be using Outrider for that.

http://www.seanet.com/~owenmp/burning-rubber/index.html

The other System I'm looking at is Savage Worlds. Since Outrider is already using Polyhedral dice, this fits well with it.

What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I had actually debated (at one time) making Savage worlds RPG rules, since it works on a similar graduated-dice system.

The 'actual' (cough) forthcoming Outrider campaign rules use Skill Points, Armor points and equipment cards as advancement system - something more akin to Imperial Assault/Descent than a true RPG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hedges
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
Now that I've attended a few Pathfinder Society games, I think that a similar format would work best for Outrider.

That is, have players do one-off events that anyone can join, and track player progress depending on how many events the player has played.

If using Savage Worlds, that means a character gains an advancement after every 5 events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.