Kanagawa» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Move a Brush" action at the end of turn: just to plan ahead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matti Lehtonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
(First of all we're just adoring this beautiful game; works really well with all the player counts: 2p, 3p & 4p. ;D).

Just wondering if it's possible to use the "Move a Brush" action during you turn, even if it DOESN'T relate to your current turn ?

To clarify:
You want to plan ahead and use the "Move a Brush" action although it won't benefit you on your current turn. Then during the next draft you hope for specific cards that can be placed "in Print" right away when you collect them. (Given that you already placed the brushes on the corresponding colors, that is).

After reading the rules we came to a conclusion that this in in fact POSSIBLE, and the "Move a Brush" -action is not related to the fact that you would actually need it right away.

What is your opinion ? Being playing with both ways and works just fine nonetheless. Just wondering what is the official judgement on the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it is, which is nothing, this how I too have interpreted and on occasion played the "Move Brush" action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakrustrollen wrote:
(First of all we're just adoring this beautiful game; works really well with all the player counts: 2p, 3p & 4p. ;D).

Just wondering if it's possible to use the "Move a Brush" action during you turn, even if it DOESN'T relate to your current turn ?

To clarify:
You want to plan ahead and use the "Move a Brush" action although it won't benefit you on your current turn. Then during the next draft you hope for specific cards that can be placed "in Print" right away when you collect them. (Given that you already placed the brushes on the corresponding colors, that is).

After reading the rules we came to a conclusion that this in in fact POSSIBLE, and the "Move a Brush" -action is not related to the fact that you would actually need it right away.

What is your opinion ? Being playing with both ways and works just fine nonetheless. Just wondering what is the official judgement on the matter.

for sure it's allowed.. and it's sometimes really important on a tactical point of view
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure i understand why this is useful. If i use my brush to paint a landscape, i am then able to use a move action at the end of my turn to move it?

I thought each brush can only be used to paint one landscape per round. I wasnt aware you could then move that brush afterwards.

So lets continue with the example.above...i move the brush to a different landscape con in my studio at the end of my turn. If i happen to draw a card that matches the landscape in the following round, yes i can paint the lamdscape right away, but what advantage did i gain?? I could have just moved the brush here during this new round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
So lets continue with the example.above...i move the brush to a different landscape con in my studio at the end of my turn. If i happen to draw a card that matches the landscape in the following round, yes i can paint the lamdscape right away, but what advantage did i gain?? I could have just moved the brush here during this new round.

It's important because there are landscapes which in order to paint you need two brushes.

Imagine you have the ability to keep one card to the next turn and is a landscape with two icons. If the two brushes are already in icons not related to the landscape and you only can move one brush you need two turns to move them and then paint the landscape. If you move one of the brush the previous turn (a brush you used before for another landscape), then you only need to move the other brush to paint it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez i totally forgot about the ability to store a card in your hand. That makes perfect sense now thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.