Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowrun: Crossfire

Is there a reprint of the base game in the works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
there was a mention of it somewhere in this forum. can't find the exact thread atm.

I wouldn't take it as more than a rumor, though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Catalyst games mentioned that yes, there will be a reprint, just no exact release date. It was on facebook or twitter, can't remember exactly. Wasn't just a rumour
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:
Catalyst games mentioned that yes, there will be a reprint, just no exact release date. It was on facebook or twitter, can't remember exactly. Wasn't just a rumour

that's the mention I was talking about. I would call a mysterious post on facebook that no one seems to be able to locate anymore - a rumor.

unfortunately, the way Catalyst Labs are handling things, we don't really have any solid information of anything. they haven't updated the official Crossfire webpage (http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/category/crossfire/) since July 2014, when they only announced the release date of the original base game(!!). no word of the actual release, not to mention HCO or any of the two character expansions that came out. it's almost as if they forgot about the very existence of that website altogether.

the Catalyst Labs website itself doesn't show Crossfire on it's Tabletop page (http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/casual-games/). only the new Encounters game. we can only guess what that means.

Crossfire is my favorite game, and I would love to see it grow further with more expansions. I don't say that it's dead. sure hope it isn't. but I don't have the heart to raise anyone's hopes until I see some official statement on an official channel with my very own eyes. when I do - this forum would sure be my first stop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I realized I might've been a little on the pessimistic side on my last post, so just to brighten up the day, here's a collection of what we DO know about the hopefully-upcoming future of Crossfire:

the mentioned thread about the facebook post can be found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24651675#24651675
Norairo wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CatalystGameLabs/posts/124870637853...

Catalyst's facebook page confirms the line is still supported and they are working on another print run & further expansions. Nothing to do but wait I guess.

with the original facebook post saying:
Quote:
Peter Scholtz‎ to Catalyst Game Labs (November 21, 2016):
Peter Scholtz‎: Hi guys is crossfire a dead product? I am asking just because it is from my perspective one of the best games i played.

Catalyst Game Labs: Not at all! We're working on both a new print run of the base game and a new expansion to follow on the heels of the High Caliber Ops expansion that came out last summer. Glad you're enjoying the game! jmh

Peter Scholtz: Please do it so!!! I was afraid that you blindly ignored all the positive feedbacks from people and popular reviewers. The game is briliant. I was raised on Shadowrun rpg which we played in 90's so i tried this one for nostalgy. You totaly nailed it guys.

Catalyst Game Labs: Awesome! We are definitely at work on it--plots for a campaign have been drawn up, rules are being designed, art is being planned--the whole deal! jmh

Mike DeFersen: Is there any tentative time frame for the new print run release to distributors? Thanks!

Catalyst Game Labs: If I give tentative time frames before products are actually in the warehouse, people get mad at me. There are too many variables afloat. jmh

as you can see, this is less than an official announcement, but rather an official reply to a customer's question.

here in the forum you should look for Jay Schneider (Geeborg) who works on the game, yet since he is not an official representative, he cannot give any official statement. but he is kind enough to post replies like the following: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24738757#24738757
Geeborg wrote:
Hi All,

I'm the design producer that chimed in a while back. Oddly, I can say even less than I did previously. Let me just say that I am exceptionally busy.

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun: Crossfire

a small amber of hope

so they are working on it. but they are keeping everything hush-hush with as little announcements as possible to keep us in the dark. as I said, it bugs me mainly because it has a "we are working on it, but if we decide otherwise we reserve the right to pull the plug on this thing" kind of vibe.
that and their general horrible website maintenance..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihnea Cateanu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An OLGS in Germany (fantasywelt.de) has a pre-order up for something named Shadowrun 5th Edition: Crossfire Deckbuilding Game
The status is "waiting for release date info from the publisher" for now. So I would guess it`s more than a rumor at this point. Maybe someone who knows German can drop them an e-mail and ask for additional info and get back to us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their website certainly doesn't seem to imply that Crossfire is an ongoing product line. Hopefully they're just not emphasizing it at the moment since there's very little stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep looking in the meantime. I just received a copy of the base game, High Caliber Ops and 2nd player expansion set. Miniature market had all there in stock last week.

With that said, I know they have shown out of stock for what seems like months. I have checked a handful of the popular online stores on an almost daily basis trying to grab a copy.

Good hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digitalwolfe wrote:
Their website certainly doesn't seem to imply that Crossfire is an ongoing product line. Hopefully they're just not emphasizing it at the moment since there's very little stock.

To be fair. It's always felt like that! Then suddenly an expansion or reprint just appears in stock with no prior warning. So who knows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Sedgwick
United Kingdom
Chislehurst
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wish that they were a bit more like FFG as far as announcements go. Finally got a second hand copy of base game and High Caliber Ops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this game gets a reprint and more expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
theflan045 wrote:
I really hope this game gets a reprint and more expansions

On Origin 2017 they told, they make an reprint end of the year and another expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris elliott
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes, there will be a reprint, and they will be releasing another expansion after reprint release. This was confirmed by a Catalyst administrator.

Fortunately I was able to pick up the first edition from Walmart.com of all places, somehow they had five copies, of course gone now. I wonder if reprint will be any different?

But yes, there will be a reprint, should be anytime now. Expansion will hit later. They confirmed expansion as well.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/cat27700x.html?utm_source=go...

April is the expected release date. Its on Miniature Market for pre order, $44.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped by these guys at Pax Unplugged a couple months ago and asked about a reprint. The rep I was talking to said they were planning to redesign the game with some of the improvements from Dragonfire and then rerelease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.