Subject: Card backs misprint?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There can be only one!
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

So like a degenerate board gamer I ordered War of the ring and both expansions at the same time.

I haven't received the base game yet but have received the expansions.

As I was doing an inventory count of the components and cards I noticed some of the event cards had the same card backs as the battle cards.

Is this a misprint or intentional?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's intentional. The idea is that your opponent can't tell whether you're playing an Event card or a Call to Battle card in battle. See pages 10 and 11 of the WoME Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There can be only one!
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
It's intentional. The idea is that your opponent can't tell whether you're playing an Event card or a Call to Battle card in battle. See pages 10 and 11 of the WoME Rulebook.

Good to know! Thanks for the quick response!

Was just a little confusing as I just tried to match the components to the images in the rule book (where event cards and battle cards are depicted as having different backs.)

I'll keep that in mind for when I receive the base box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EasyBreezy wrote:
Was just a little confusing as I just tried to match the components to the images in the rule book (where event cards and battle cards are depicted as having different backs.)

I can see where that would be confusing, not having the base game yet. The Event cards in the base game are divided into two different decks for each side, with different backs. Each Faction has two Call to Battle cards, with each one matching the back of one of the main Event decks. The Faction Event decks for each side included in WoME have different backs from either of the base Event decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, I recommend playing a few games with just the base game without the expansions for a start.. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.