Subject: survivor classes game variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
currently i paused my work with the custom hunt quarry and started with creating classes, currently named attacker, defender and supporter.

the system should work like an alternative campaign like the 7 swordsmen and others.
the age event will be canceled, therefore a levelsystem will be implimented.

at this point i am working on the balancing of the rolltables as of the starting bonuses of the classes. the milestone events also grant bonuses depending on which class the survivor is playing.
also the starting population will be a matter. therefore i am asking what would be better.
a fix rooster of probably 12 survivors (classes can be free choosen).
flexible with intimacy or maybe something else.

also i am working on a sidestory for this.

just want to know what people would like to see in such a campaign.
therefore a new storyline will be set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1029536. RayneUltimate
  • 1d10 =
  • (3) =
  • Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:07 pm
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's, uh, basically what the new philosophy system sounds like it's doing. I mean, if you're impatient, you can make your own, but I'd just wait and see how they're implementing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Nick's right, PoD is doing something a lot like this.
Plus, you know, the core game lets you freely choose what each survivor does.
Plus, this gives us almost no information to really offer advice/criticisms about. So basically it's a different age event and...? That's it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Actually, my biggest complaint would be stats. In something like D&D, you get to pick your stats. You get to tailor them to your class. How much would it suck for your support character to get strength and accuracy through random events? Or a defender to get luck and strength? Admittedly, it wouldn't be so horrible, but of they're gaining abilities based on role then you have to choose either abilities or stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stats will not be really random because this wont make sense for a class spezific campaign.
the balancing will be an issue which i am working on right now.
so higher level survivors cannot be taken on level 1 hunts anymore and master survivors only can hunt level 3+ quarry.

due leveling the survivors will get attribute points which can be distributed to the stats needed (luck and speed cannot be inteased due this).
also some fighting arts will be unlocked as abilities will too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Getting free stat points and choosing where they go is a really, really big buff. Most stat bonuses in the game are fought for tooth and nail (sometimes literally), or achieved by random events. You can grab a point here and there off age or courage/understanding, but even those are comparatively rare.
So to keep all those boosts you can get, plus be getting free points, plus fighting arts that don't take up fighting art slots... Yowza. That's better than any other campaign variant bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to make some decent survivors
But they will be limited to what they can go for hunt. The higher level they get, the higher the quarry must be. (Its a little bit like darkest dungeon system)
The FA will take slots as normal, but the 2 you get will be special for the classes. But i want to throw in disorders as well (not the really bad ones indeed) the first list is nearly complete but i habe to take some roll-testing. In the final i dont want a tank with 9 evasion stat points XD.

The class campaign should make it easier to fight the higher hunt quarry, but still not to easy, so that you still get some KD experience.

Next step will be an alternative timeline setup as well a little bit of story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
closed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.