8 Posts

Carson City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cowboy Oriented Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
My questions cover all the expansion material as well as the base game, Carson City.

-Do the cowboys, or characters in the game, get to walk around the board, or are they taken back to hand to be placed again?

-Do characters in this game have the option to obtain "devices" for themselves? May characters work to add to their abilities somehow?

-If a particular character type, say, the 'Singer' gets killed, can that character type be brought into play again, even if not representing that precise one individual (now dead)?

-Are there any randomly generated "events" in this game"?

-Is there a "big box" version that contains the base game with all expansion material so far? If so, what is that set named?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Coyboy Oriented Rules?
Carson City: Big Box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a boy is being coy, does that make him a coyboy? I think a cowboy would slap a coyboy silly. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Very smart. Can someone answer my other questions here, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your questions don't make any sense. This is a worker placement style game. You do not have characters that move around or get killed. You should read some reviews or look for play throughs to get a sense of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm just asking about the game without having to pick through the rules. Is there any comment to my questions to be made now, or in fact not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
I'm just asking about the game without having to pick through the rules. Is there any comment to my questions to be made now, or in fact not?

Watch a video play through. It would take longer to answer your questions than to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cowboys represent workers, as this is a worker placement game. It is not a role playing game or adventure game. The workers are not characters or personalities. The workers do not travel or walk around the board, as workers, they are placed to reserve an action or property.

Workers do not have equipment or devices. Some of the workers actions can be affected by the character card that the controlling player is using.

Characters are never killed, although the workers can be "killed" in a duel. The worker then goes back into the supply.

There are no random events.

Yes, there is a "big box" version, I think it has already been addressed.

Folks here are not trying to give you a hard time, but, if you check out a few of the videos, (you don't have to read the rules), you will see this game is a worker placement game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.