6 Posts

Vanguard of War» Forums » General

Subject: This game is a gem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
This is just my opinion, but most of big box minis games nowadays are redundant or they get so big with campaign that it requiers a lot of involment.

I've been looking for a long time for a game that has the mechanics that I love like heroes with variable powers, fully coop, item management and some leveling with great minis and art BUT in a crisp, light and fun game format.

I have high hopes that this is it. My only complain is that the KS should have more $ into it and many more heroes.

Anybody thinks this is a perfect balance between theme and big production with light and crisp gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
Based on all I've seen, it is exactly what you describe, which also had me jump on the epic pledge.
I think it's a game that a group of friends can pick up and play in minutes, but if you want to explore all the various combos that are possible due to the amount of heros and abominations / overlords out there you can do so in solo mode, without annoying anyone.

I can't wait.

Doesn't hurt that the minis are some of the most amazing ones I've ever seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, but the pink color of the enemy units is kind of a turn-off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
I kinda like the look of em. But if you don't you can use a primer(the color you want. Easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
The gameplay video by Beasts of War sold me on the game. I also like how easy it seems to jump in and play and while I also think that there could be more hero figures, at least we are getting a bit more variety by getting a few more from the SG. I also love that the SG have unlocked a 5th and 6th player expansion. Hope the remaining SGs will also get unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Filiatrault
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedFinch wrote:
... Hope the remaining SGs will also get unlocked.

They did. Everything is unlocked now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.