7 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Is the kickstarter version worth seeking out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Eldridge
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am coming into this game rather late. As with almost all CMON kickstarter games, the kickstarter versions are pretty expensive on eBay and other sites. What additional things came with the kickstarter base pledge and are they worth $100+? Would it be better to just get the older retail factions and the upgrade kit with that extra money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan sebastian rams
msg tools
Depends on what you want, the upgrade kit doesnt seem to me that worth it, since most of the cards are available as pdfs. If you want more faction then yeah buy the old core. If you want more unique heroes to compliment what you already have then get the kick edition, because you are getting 24 new heroes, which is quite a ton of variation, and really ups the customization of each individual faction you already own.

depends on wether you desire an intensive approach to faction or an extensive approach. im too broke from the kickstarter to get more factions anyways jajaja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
heh... that's the first I've ever heard anyone refer to the upgrade kit as 'not worth it'. It's a enormous amount of content for $15.

If cost is a concern, I would just get Second Tide base + the upgrade kit. It'll be almost like having almost everything... all factions from both games ... you'd just have to sub the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you also need the tide decks from the older factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, tide decks were being reworked and have new art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth it? I guess that depends on what you want out of it. Great characters and beautiful minis. The game itself if great as well, and I think is even better with the changes in Second Tide.

Needed? Not at all. I think there is more than enough content with the new stuff to still have an enjoyable experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON kickstarter exclusives are not worth hunting. They don't change much and are usually rushed and are OP or UP just breaking balance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.