Treasure Hunter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification: only one action card at a time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jaap tuinman
United States
California
flag msg tools
The rules say that starting with the dealer, an action card may be played after the adventurers have been displayed, and that then in clockwise order other players can respond in turn. It implies that only a single action card can be played per turn, so I can't stack multiple cards in one go (e.g. Play +4 Flaming Sword plus Animal Companion)... is that how people are playing it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Garfield
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Re: Clarification: only on action card at a time?
You can play as many action cards as you want in one area but your opponents get a chance to play cards in between if they want. So if I have two +4's and need them both to be winning technically I play one, everyone passes, then I play the second - and people can now respond to the new order of things. That is the way the IOS app works.

However - in practice, around the table, you can usually (always?) play all you want at once and it won't change anything - and will speed the game up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jaap tuinman
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ah! Makes total sense, thanks. We're enjoying the game, and now I'll go find that iOS app for our travel library

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.