Subject: Using the Villains Playmat... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so I HATE the board that comes with the base game...if I get villains, is it ok to use that in place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Let's play together! - Legendary DXP
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just understand that the city spaces are swapped from the Heroic board. This is important based on if you are using schemes or plots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In a pinch, and if relevant, you can switch the placement of the Mastermind and the Villain Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Weidlich
msg tools
mbmb
Indecision101 wrote:
so I HATE the board that comes with the base game...if I get villains, is it ok to use that in place?

Of course! Just switch the city spaces if a scheme or plot says a specific city space. Some heroes and villains act a little differently to enemies entering the board on the bridge square instead of the sewer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put the Hero and Villain deck on the other side of the board, and it works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't help but noticed you put the word "hate" in CAPS as well to emphasize your point. Now that you've gotten several answers, can I ask why you hate the game board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got around to adding Villains late last year, meh, I prefer the board, it's got bigger spaces, Villains mat's spaces (Lair and City) get crowded with sleeved cards. Lack of a KO box is also a negative for me for the mat, don't need those Command Strike and Plot Twist spaces at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
I couldn't help but noticed you put the word "hate" in CAPS as well to emphasize your point. Now that you've gotten several answers, can I ask why you hate the game board?

For me personally, my board is falling apart. I have to be very careful when I open and close it or it will finally fall completely apart one of these days. Not that it really needs to be in one piece -- it would still work fine -- but man, I love the pads in the newer games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.