Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why do decoys have stats on them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I finally got this game out and played it for the first time. I consider myself a wargamer so I'm comfortable with the concepts. I watched a bunch of videos and read the rule book but I was still thrown for a question by my opponent. He asked, "why are there stats printed on the decoy markers if they are removed as soon as they lose concealment?". I didn't have an answer lol.

Why do decoys have stats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In earlier versions, they didn't; if the Conceal marker wasn't kept perfectly in place, and a sliver of the edge of the counter became visible, your opponent couldn't help but see it was a decoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep rusty has the truth of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
In earlier versions, they didn't; if the Conceal marker wasn't kept perfectly in place, and a sliver of the edge of the counter became visible, your opponent couldn't help but see it was a decoy.

Alternately, if you're itching to play a game with the same theme as Shadows over Normandie or some kind of WWII-zombie hybrid, you can treat those decoys as some kind of supernatural critter. Once uncovered the opponent takes control of it and can use it to attack its "friends".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
They wanted the decoys to look as authentic as possible??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.