Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite games, and often overlooked. It's old but still good.

MM: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rgg399.html
BGG: Imperial 2030

$41.49 on CSI: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/138553
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
This is right in my wheelhouse but that ugly box and dated game play would be tough sell with my game group. Here's hoping it's sold out by the time I wake up tomorrow, otherwise I might do something foolish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X YZ
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
This is right in my wheelhouse but that ugly box and dated game play would be tough sell with my game group. Here's hoping it's sold out by the time I wake up tomorrow, otherwise I might do something foolish.

Box could be better, but the gameplay isn't really dated. I don't know of any other games that have improved upon it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHHH this is a tough decision. I used to own this, sold it when it wasn't getting played, and it's been on my buy-back list for a while... do I get it now, at the lowest price we're likely to see? It would give me an excuse to also get other MM games on my wishlist for the free shipping, but on the other hand how many times will it actually get played in the next 5 years? It's such a niche game compared to Navegador or Concordia, which people are almost always willing to play.... maybe if I keep thinking long enough the deal will be over ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
AHHH this is a tough decision. I used to own this, sold it when it wasn't getting played, and it's been on my buy-back list for a while... do I get it now, at the lowest price we're likely to see? It would give me an excuse to also get other MM games on my wishlist for the free shipping, but on the other hand how many times will it actually get played in the next 5 years? It's such a niche game compared to Navegador or Concordia, which people are almost always willing to play.... maybe if I keep thinking long enough the deal will be over ^_^

It doesn't get played in my house that much either, but there are few strategy games that play 6 without being 3 hours long. It's different enough that it deserves a place in my collection. It's also been OOP for a while. Surprised it's on sale, but probably because it hardly gets much press being so old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smith
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is old, but it and Imperial have been out of print for a long time. The print run just hit the states a week or so before Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bo
msg tools
Thank god it's sold out. I was losing my resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
but there are few strategy games that play 6 without being 3 hours long.

Eclipse, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Antike II, Turfmaster, Outpost, and Empires: Age of Discovery (I have the deluxe with 6 nations) all work well for 6 in my collection so that wasn't really a factor.

Sold out while I was out struggling through the month of March with my Pandemic Legacy group, so expense avoided!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.