Subject: Race for the Galaxy or 51st State? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one is better vor sologaming and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't figure, that nobody can help me . The games are different. Did nobody try to play both solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say anything about 51st State, but the Keldon AI for Race for the Galaxy is pretty darn good. It offers most of the expansions, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does 51st State even have a solo mode?

Race for the Galaxy has an expansion, that includes a way to play the game solo (Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sredni Vashtar wrote:
Can't say anything about 51st State, but the Keldon AI for Race for the Galaxy is pretty darn good. It offers most of the expansions, too.
+1.
I've also played well over 100 solo games vs. the robot (introduced in the first expansion for RftG), and it doesn't get boring. Actually, RftG is awesome at all player counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean M
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played any of those but I have heard Imperial Settlers is better solo than 51st State.
As I said though, I personally haven't played any of them and just saying what I have heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Thanee wrote:
Does 51st State even have a solo mode?

Race for the Galaxy has an expansion, that includes a way to play the game solo (Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm).

Bye
Thanee

There is a solo mode, I haven't tried it but IIRC it's one of those "play the game against a timer and try to beat your high score" types of things. I believe the AI for RftG will give you a better experience.

To add a suggestion, if you are just looking for a new solo card game, I would also recommend looking at Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game. Been having a lot of fun w/ this one recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As 51st State is even more a multiplayer solitaire than RftG Id recommend 51st state. Its closer to the "original" multi player experience. But as soon as you play 2-player or more RftG is far more superior.

51st state doesnt offer an official solo mode, but you dont need to tweak it much. Actually its almost the same no matter how many players are in. Note: Im reffering to base games only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Drubbel
Belgium
Aartselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't come around to the solo experience of RftG yet, but yesterday I used the official solo rules for 51st State Masterset and I liked it a lot. Yes, you try to better your previous score but during play you actually face a virtual player who pushes you into interesting tactical choices. The gameplay itself doesn't change for you except for a few changes when the virtual player can make his move. Tension was there from the beginning and only got stronger during the session. So yes, I will play this solo again very soon.

No matter what game you pick, have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Jacksonville (Arlington)
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
51st state master set does offer an official solo mode in the instruction manual. One of my favorite solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.