Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: RTL placing monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We already placed the group of cave spiders in the room, then the app asked to place 2 cave spiders on a specific space on a tile. We place new ones or we move the existed ? We respect group limit here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Always respect the group limit, unless the app specifically instructs you otherwise. The existing monsters will not teleport to the new locations. If you're already at the limit, nothing will change on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note, even when the app tells you to ignore group limits, you still respect plastic limits (so in a 4 hero game, "ignore group limits" is a meaningless instruction).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar question.

If the app instructs you to place 2 monsters, do you place one master and one minion, or 2 minions? (or if the app instructs you to place a monster, do you place the master?, because the app features the line "place a master monster" and "place a minion monster" so the line "place a monster" kind of confuses me)

What if the app shows the spaces where to put them with a portrait that has a dark outline? Should I put 2 minions or one master and one minion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
(Per Road to Legend rulebook):

When the app tells you to place "monsters" and is not specific about minions/masters, any available masters (respecting group limits as usual) will be the first to place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.