4 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Volkssturm units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Dekker
msg tools

Dear readers,

I assume that the Vokssturm units can stack with two other units??

For instance in Koningsberg in 1945:

4th army
1st Fetsung unit
volkssturm koningsberg unit

Reason: The volkssturm unit were in reality a very small 'unit' of mainly citizens who were already there!

Maybe Carl can shine a light?

By the way: 3th edition is a wonderful game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heampstead wrote:

Dear readers,

I assume that the Vokssturm units can stack with two other units??

For instance in Koningsberg in 1945:

4th army
1st Fetsung unit
volkssturm koningsberg unit

Reason: The volkssturm unit were in reality a very small 'unit' of mainly citizens who were already there!

Maybe Carl can shine a light?

By the way: 3th edition is a wonderful game

Thanks for the kind words!

Sorry but no, you can't stack the Volkssturm units extra, maximum is 2 units per hex. You are right with your historical assessment, but in my "design for effect" that extra stacking is not allowed to represent the general degradation of the German operational tactics because of lower troop experience and Hitler's senseless orders. The units also does represent some "bottom of the Drawer" German Army units scratch token forces (rear area, supply, navy troops etc.).

Mind you, feel free to try it as an optional rule and let us know how it went (I tried it when making the game and it was not a success, made the Germans able to hold their line in German unrealistically long). zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Dekker
msg tools
Thanks Carl for you quick and logic response!

Your explanation makes sense.

Especially the fact that we must take into consideration that the volkssturm represents also 'rest' and other (police, training etc) troops.

Guido

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heampstead wrote:
Thanks Carl for you quick and logic response!

Your explanation makes sense.

Especially the fact that we must take into consideration that the volkssturm represents also 'rest' and other (police, training etc) troops.

Guido

You are most welcome. Don`t hesitate if you have more comments, questions and/or ideas. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.