cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
St Marys Hospital, Action: Heal 3 Damage

Can an investigator use the Hospital to heal damage on an asset card?
My Zoey has Beat Cop out with 2 Damage and 1 Horror and I was wondering if the hospital is restricted in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The action does not say it is limited to the investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Citizen Badger wrote:
Mundane wrote:
The action does not say it is limited to the investigator.

You have this backward. The card doesn't say it can be applied to assets. Confirmed by designers, heal x damage means heal x damage [from your investigator]. To affect assets it must say so explicitly.

This surprises me. The "Heal" entry of the Rules Reference (P 12) says:
Quote:
“Heal” is an instruction to remove the indicated amount of damage or the indicated amount of horror from a card.

There's nothing about the instruction only applying to investigators unless otherwise stated (they could easily have had an equivalent to "Direct Damage/Direct Horror" - "Direct Heal"??). I also can't see why they would restrict it in that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Citizen Badger wrote:
Confirmed by designers, heal x damage means heal x damage [from your investigator].

Confirmed where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
It's been reported by several folk as having had an unofficial confirmation by (I think?) Matt Newman in a Discord chat channel. Further to that, I think confirmation was also given that the entry for for 'Heal' is absolutely something which will be addressed (clarified, or one might argue corrected) in the first FAQ, whenever that lands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emergency Aid shows how it would be worded if you can heal assets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was playing without clarification, I'd rule it thematically: you can heal the Beat Cop at the hospital, but not the Leather Jacket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Will this do?

Matthew Newman wrote:
“Heal X damage/horror” is shorthand for “Heal X damage/horror from your investigator,” in the same way that “Take X damage/horror” is shorthand for “Deal X damage/horror to your investigator.” If a card simply reads “Heal X horror” or “Heal X damage,” you can only use it to heal horror or damage from your investigator. Cards that allow you to heal other investigators or assets will specify that. So, for St. Mary’s Hospital you can only heal from your investigator.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last question, page 4 of the FAQ: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/7f/31...

Quote:
If a card effect says to heal damage or horror but does not indicate from where, can I use it to heal assets or investigators other than myself?
No. “Heal X damage/horror” is shorthand for “Heal X damage/horror from your investigator.” If a card simply reads “Heal X horror” or “Heal X damage,” you can only use it to heal horror or damage from your investigator. Cards that allow you to heal other investigators or assets will specify that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.