Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Location Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a location card count towards hand size?
Can i discard a location card i dislike?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't actually draw Location cards, but "dummies" in the Action deck that you trade for a Location card. So technically, it becomes an Action card, that is governed by any rule towards Action cards.

Thus the answer to your question would be no.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painmaker87 wrote:
Does a location card count towards hand size?
Can i discard a location card i dislike?


A location Marker card is an action card.
A location card is an action card.

Once an action card is in your hand, it counts towards the maximum hand size for discard and draw.

An action card can be played, paid as support/covert/movement/bolt-action cost or as part of a Discard and Draw actin - discarded.

You don't need to play a location card, unless you want to.

Does this help?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
Painmaker87 wrote:
Does a location card count towards hand size?
Can i discard a location card i dislike?


A location Marker card is an action card.
A location card is an action card.

Once an action card is in your hand, it counts towards the maximum hand size for discard and draw.

An action card can be played, paid as support/covert/movement/bolt-action cost or as part of a Discard and Draw actin - discarded.

You don't need to play a location card, unless you want to.

Does this help?


Yes.
Because i was wondering "If i draw an useless/hard location card, can i put it in the recycle bin?".
If you tell that i can discard it to draw a new action card it's good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painmaker87 wrote:
davidinsydney2 wrote:
Painmaker87 wrote:
Does a location card count towards hand size?
Can i discard a location card i dislike?


A location Marker card is an action card.
A location card is an action card.

Once an action card is in your hand, it counts towards the maximum hand size for discard and draw.

An action card can be played, paid as support/covert/movement/bolt-action cost or as part of a Discard and Draw actin - discarded.

You don't need to play a location card, unless you want to.

Does this help?


Yes.
Because i was wondering "If i draw an useless/hard location card, can i put it in the recycle bin?".
If you tell that i can discard it to draw a new action card it's good.


Great!

Since you can discard any action card (including location action cards) when you do the "Discard & Draw" action, it is usually best when your Player Soldier is about to so an action to have a quick consideration of the value of doing that action or a Discard & Draw action.

e.g. If I have SUPP all the Hostiles and my PS has 1 action left to do in the soldiers turn.
Is it best to attack (etc) or "Discard & Draw".
Often it is better to discard and Draw.

Eg I have a Health of 5 but only 3 action cards in hand - while they are ones that I want to keep - drawing 2 more action cards may be more useful than attack - eg I could draw a Snap shot and so could attack for free and then have 4 cards still in hand.

Same goes with Locations - If I have a location in hand that I don't want to have to go through (eg Cross Roads), then if I have a Health of 5 and 5 action cards in hand (including the Cross Roads), then I could Discard (1-5) and Draw (up to 5 in hand).




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.