16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: What fun dungeon crawls am i missing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love dungeon crawl games, can't get enough of them! In looking at my collection, are there any ones you'd recommend I should have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Vast: The Crystal Caverns. It's an asymmetrical competitive dungeon crawl.

A new print run is coming out this year supposedly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower is an awesome fully coop dungeon crawler. I like it because the characters feel really different and the scenarios can be played as one offs or they can be played one after another in a sort of gauntlet challenge, or a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd Lantern
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Love board games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ranked your top 5 in your dungeon crawl collection as the most that you enjoy playing, what would these top 5 games be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows of Brimstone
Level 7 Omega Protocol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dungeon crawl or not, Arcadia Quest is missing in your collection zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl McLaurine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
I love dungeon crawl games, can't get enough of them! In looking at my collection, are there any ones you'd recommend I should have?

All of them. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest the D&D ones, but you have those, and I was going to suggest Claustrophobia as it's really cool, but you have that too. I did quite like Mechs vs. Minions but I'm a sucker for programming games...and I didn't check to see if you had that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients. Western meets Cthulhu dungeon crawl. Takes place in the mines initially, but can branch off into Other Worlds.

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia is a dice themed Dungeon Crawl. I'm really enjoying this one. You can play PvP, Co-OP, Epic.

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game is now out of print, but its a card game dungeon crawl.

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition Is a dungeon crawl set mainly in mansions, but outdoor environments are there. This is more investigative than hack and slash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good suggestions! I ordered up Prophecy and its Water expansion this morning, had forgot about it until I started thinking about Talisman and games like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delve, Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure, and Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia are new dungeon crawl themed games I am very interested in.

Thunderstone Quest is another one, being a fan of the Thunderstone Advance family (as a solo or coop game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex bermudez
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
If you don't mind print-and-play and like a long campaign with good character customization and a buttload of extra options and such, my imaginatively-named game Dungeon Crawl might be something you would like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep a list of dungeon crawl games (and related types) Confined Corridor Combat.

Feel free to add whatever is missing to it. I know I'll be grabbing some items from this topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Wright
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Catacombs (third edition) seems a pretty glaring omission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
Descent First Edition is probably still the best made so far, in spite of its 1vAll only game play and all of its flaws. But it is obviously no longer supported and tough to get a copy.

Others worthwhile for at least a play:
Warhammer Quest
Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift
Dorn
Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault
Attack the Darkness
Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia

Also worthwhile dungeon crawls, even if not technically set in a "dungeon":
Galaxy Defenders
Space Cadets: Away Missions
Gears of War: The Board Game
Doom: The Boardgame
Zombicide: Black Plague (which, in my opinion, is strictly an improvement over Zombicide)
Myth 2.0
Conan
Space Hulk 2 player only Marines vs. Genestealer

Debatable:
Assault on Doomrock

No tactical mini grid/hex based combat, but basically dungeon crawls:
Catacombs
Dungeon Fighter

nyem24 wrote:
Good suggestions! I ordered up Prophecy and its Water expansion this morning, had forgot about it until I started thinking about Talisman and games like it.

Prophecy and Talisman are adventure games, not dungeon crawls.
If you want adventure games then you can also look at:
The Witcher Adventure Game (unfortunately while ripe for expansion, and the designer, Ignacy Trzewiczek, even delivered work on at least one expansion, CD Projekt RED has apparently decided they do not want to make an expansion for this game)
Ravingspire (essentially Talisman, the deck-builder)
Middle-Earth Quest
Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game (sadly, FFG's loss of the GW license means nothing further for this game)
Defenders of the Realm
Lord of the Rings LCG
World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game - another in the long line of past FFG adventure games
World of Warcraft: The Boardgame - closer to an attempt at simulation of the MMO, still very much an adventure game feel. I only recommend playing this as a 1-3 player single faction coop game.
Darkest Night

Adventure games that stray from the fantasy theme:
Secrets of the Lost Tomb (possibly the closest to a dungeon crawl)
A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game (though you already have Arkham Horror, so unless you are looking for competitive game play, maybe just pick up Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion instead)
Defenders of the Last Stand

There are also some deck builders with fantasy themes that might also scratch this itch - especially since you have extended it to adventure games:
Bulwark
Aeon's End
Shadowrift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yer already mentioned above, but if you like Dungeon crawlers,

Shadows of Brimestone
Descent 2nd Edition (With Road to Legends APP)
Catacombs 3rd Ed

Should all be investigated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.