8 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Necromancers and stacking extra activations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Rainville
Canada
flag msg tools
Alright, this was confusing for me for a while and it's still is. I just need clarification from a few Zombicide Black Plague experts.

I know necromancers already in play get an extra activation immediately when you draw any type of necromancer card, but do these activation stack up for them for following turns?

Let's say I have a regular necromancer on the board, I draw Blackheart the necromancer during zombie phase ex. turn 10, the necromancer in play gets an extra activation (he moves 1 zone), end of zombie phase. On the following turn, ex. turn 11, these 2 necromancers are still alive, thus the 1st regular necromancer I drew gets 2 activations from now on(he moves NOW 2 zone) and Blackheart gets only 1 activation (he moves 1 zone) till they both flee or die! The "till they both flee or die" was confusing to me.

Following this pattern would cause necromancers to become faster and faster, subsequent necromancers would give extra activations to necromancers already in play and the 1st necro 3 activations, 2nd necro 2 activations and 3rd necro well 1 regular activation.

I played like that for 5 games by myself and managed to kill off about 75% of the necromancers. Some were impossible to catch up with the horde of zombies in the streets blocking their escape routes and them ending up 3 zones farther away by the next turn!

Drawing subsequent necromancers would cause problems, especially with Grin the necromancer who could potentially move 4 spaces or even 6 per turn, if he was drawn 1st out of a series of 3 subsequent necromancers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it isn't remembered. Extra Activations for all Zombie types are always immediately resolved and then they are over. Otherwise, you would need to remember a bunch of arbitrary numbers for the whole game and nobody would ever design a game like that without a way to physically mark it all down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Diaz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my... now you get me lost. I've always played that other necromancers only get an extra activation when a necromancer card is drawn and there are no minis to spawn it... am I that lost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WishGamer wrote:
Oh my... now you get me lost. I've always played that other necromancers only get an extra activation when a necromancer card is drawn and there are no minis to spawn it... am I that lost?

Yeah, you aren't playing right.

Necromancer Spawn cards are essentially executed by the following steps:
1: Give all Necromancers already on the board an activation.
2: If you have a mini for this Necromancer, place a spawn token and the mini. Otherwise, do nothing.
3: Only if you placed a token in step 2, draw and resolve a spawn card for the new token.

Note that the 'running out of minis gives an extra activation' rule does not apply to Necromancers, as they always provide that extra activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Diaz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my! Flushing now my 'n' games played wrong with Black Plague. And 'n' is a really big number now. Thanks that, at least,I've found the mistake here. Better late than never I suppose... Thanks so much both, Clipper for the explanation (can't figure how did I read the rules) and Stephane for the question who put me back in track

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Rainville
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks alot Clipper for the clarification! I thought it was that way, but I still played with stacking activations, which ended up becoming really hard...

I might play a game or 2 with this added "house rule" in the futur though, just for fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
msg tools
Question: if you only have one figure and you get the necromancer card.... do you put down a spawning zone or no? While solo playing it the other night, I drew three necro cards in a row; wasn't sure if that one zone would have three necro spawns in that one square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2sided3angle wrote:
Question: if you only have one figure and you get the necromancer card.... do you put down a spawning zone or no? While solo playing it the other night, I drew three necro cards in a row; wasn't sure if that one zone would have three necro spawns in that one square.

No new spawn token is added in that case. Just give the one necro an extra activation right at the moment.

On page 29:
"When a Necromancer appears, put an additional Zombie Spawn token (on its “Necromancer” side) on his entry Zone."

You only put out a new spawn token when he appears and only on his entry zone.

Then also on page 29:
"Each subsequent drawing of additional Necromancer Zombie cards, no matter the type, gives an Extra Activation to every Necromancer on the board until they flee or die."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.