John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
assuming you are the chieftain of that territory:

- after playing the adv card, and if you still remain chieftain after the current round, do you just keep the card?

- if you haven't used/played the adv card and the round ends, but you remain the chieftain, do you keep the card for the next round (since you'll end up with it anyhow)?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always put them back into the pool at the end of the round (weather you used them or not), then they are redistributed based on the chieftain status of each territory (at which point you might get one back that you had last round).

You can shortcut that however works for you and your group. But those are the official rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
You always put them back into the pool at the end of the round (weather you used them or not), then they are redistributed based on the chieftain status of each territory (at which point you might get one back that you had last round).

You can shortcut that however works for you and your group. But those are the official rules.
that's what I thought i'd read, but then again it didn't seem to make sense (if the chieftain player remained the same)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Brodie17 wrote:

that's what I thought i'd read, but then again it didn't seem to make sense (if the chieftain player remained the same)...

They put it back. Then they get it right back. You can skip that part if they didn't play it and are still the chieftain for expediency usually.

All you do is make sure that each person has the card for each area they are the chieftain at the beginning of the first part of the round(whatever the drafting part is called). If no one is the chieftain of a region, either due to even numbers, or no one being there, leave the advantage card for that region face up near it. There's a card, the one that builds a citadel I think, that lets a person take the unused advantage card for it for that round, so this part does matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravendas wrote:
There's a card, the one that builds a citadel I think, that lets a person take the unused advantage card for it for that round, so this part does matter.

And just to confuse you more, with that card you can take unused advantage card from opponent's hands as well. So don't be afraid to use em if you got em

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.