Subject: Number of Action Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you acquire more expansions, the number of Action Cards in your Action Deck increases, increasing the possibility that not enough Location cards are drawn within the number of turns for your soldiers to reach the mission objective.

e.g. the base set contains approx.75 cards and Exp 1 &2 add in another 22.

Is their an optimum number of cards to have in your Action Deck to make this very unlikely to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Across all the expansions you get 36 action cards, including 6 location markers, so I guess the ratio stays more or less the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
After purchasing all of the expansions I was concerned about this also. Over the last week I started playing my first campaign and the ratio seems perfect. Right now I'm on my second to last mission of the campaign and the locations are coming out at a good rate. Missions are still tight.

Now I did have one mission that took 3 actions (not turns) of discard-n-draw to pull my first location. However that third draw yielded 3 locations. I chalk it up to bad intel at the initial insertion point... but the team adapted and overcame. LOL.

When I play the jungle missions I cannot help but hear the opening music to Predator (1987) in my head - when the chopper is landing at base camp and Dutch's (Arnold's) team exits the helicopter.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.