Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the '0' on the Raid Die considered a zero or (as is usual for a D10) a ten? Makes rather the difference when you're checking to see if you're getting raided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a 10 (so the sides are 1-10).

The rules also state that the lowest 'risk' of getting raided at risk level 0-2 equates to rolling a 1 or a 1 in 10 shot. Which backs this up.

With the most cash and prestige (earning a level 9-10+), you'll still have a 50/50 shot at avoiding the carnage of a raid... admittedly I'm a loooong way from that level. No celebs in my bar, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with that.

Whilst it's true that the table lists "Raid on D10" for Risk Factor of 0-2 as "1", the rules text also says "If the number rolled is equal to or less than the risk factor number, then your club has been raided by prohibition agents". Considering the *cough* very thorough rules (some say a little too concerned with making sure you don't misunderstand), it seemed an oversight for them to assume people would know that a '0' on a d10 wasn't a zero.

So as I said, I'm happy with that. At worst, I'm not the only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree with you on all that... the rules, the approach and the (ahem) oversight for 100% clarification. But yeah - I play it that way but as I said, it's not been a big issue as my current campaign efforts are on the lower end of the scale anyhow! And I've always had a lookout handy.
: )

Love this game though. Very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Thematic" is very much the word, yes.

First proper 4-player game tonight. I've been regaling my group with tales from the learning game of Stanley Edwards rocking up to my bar and demanding beer after beer until he passes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:
It's a 10 (so the sides are 1-10).

The rules also state that the lowest 'risk' of getting raided at risk level 0-2 equates to rolling a 1 or a 1 in 10 shot. Which backs this up.

With the most cash and prestige (earning a level 9-10+), you'll still have a 50/50 shot at avoiding the carnage of a raid... admittedly I'm a loooong way from that level. No celebs in my bar, yet.

Confirmed. The numbers of the d10 are to be read as a standard d10 (1-10) sorry for missing that clarification on point. We are still learning! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.