Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: Many questions about AA global rules after second game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Thorne
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys, hope you can help me out here with several questions. We played AA 1940 global 2nd edition with 4 player, 2 axis, 2 allied. Full map, no researches. Some questions popped up and went to long discussions, because we somehow did have different understanding in the rules.

1. Minor/Major Complex. Can I build either air units and/or sea units, if I just have a minor/major complex and NO shipyard/airbase in the same zone? Or do I need the according base in order to build those units?

2. Is it true that strategic bombers cannot be on aircraft carrier, if so, why?

3. Are strategic attacks only possible with strategic bombers and are they also solved in the combat phase? If I attack a naval base in a zone containing an AA unit, may this unit also fire? Or only the base itself? How much hitpoints does a base or a complex have?

4. How much is the capacity of transporters and mech.units?
Can mech units transport 1 or 2 infantry AND an artillery? Or just 1 of a kind? Transport ships can transport 1 unit and 1 infantry max, right?

5. There was a rule, that when the capital city of a state is conquered, the present IPC of that country are transfered to the attacking nation. Lets say next round the nation with the lost capital city, conquers it back. But they have no IPC to use, because they went to the attacker. two turns later the attacker conquers the capital city again and AGAIN gets IPC transfered? So basically its a back and forth where the guy losing his capital city again and again, cannot build anything anytime again, so basically hes out of the game in that case, true?

6. In combat 1 artillery unit only makes 1 mech.unit or 1 infantry hit on 2 as well not all the infantry/ mechunits attacking, true?

7. Is there a limit in pieces, or can a nation build 500 tanks, even if those are no present as miniatures. But he wants to split them in a way, that is not possible to show with the complete lot of tank miniatures, can we use paper and write tank on it, or is the miniature limit, the limit of seperate groups in total?

8. Can I move 1 infantry and 1 mech.unit 2 spaces to a sea zone containing a transporter and naval base, and then move them aboard and move the transporter 3 spaces?

9. Can axis player invade and conquer axis friendly neutral territory or only move through?

10. Does Udssr player also get 3 IPC bonus for countries without IPC, that he conquered, like mongolia above china?

Thanks for all answers in advance!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Laoakai wrote:
1. Minor/Major Complex. Can I build either air units and/or sea units, if I just have a minor/major complex and NO shipyard/airbase in the same zone? Or do I need the according base in order to build those units?

Industrial complexes can build any type of land, air, or sea unit. Bases in the same territory aren't necessary. Of course, the industrial complex must be adjacent to a sea zone to build sea units.

Laoakai wrote:
2. Is it true that strategic bombers cannot be on aircraft carrier, if so, why?

Yes, it's true. Strategic bombers are too heavy to take off from or land on carriers.

Laoakai wrote:
3. Are strategic attacks only possible with strategic bombers and are they also solved in the combat phase?

Yes, except that tactical bombers may also attack bases, but not industrial complexes.

Laoakai wrote:
If I attack a naval base in a zone containing an AA unit, may this unit also fire? Or only the base itself?

Only the base itself.

Laoakai wrote:
How much hitpoints does a base or a complex have?

They are never destroyed. Bases with 3 or more damage points on them are inoperative. Industrial complexes can mobilize 1 unit less for each point of damage on them. The maximum damage bases and minor industrial complexes can sustain is 6 points. The maximum damage major industrial complexes can sustain is 20 points.

Laoakai wrote:
4. How much is the capacity of transporters and mech.units?
Can mech units transport 1 or 2 infantry AND an artillery? Or just 1 of a kind?

Mechanized infantry can't transport other units.

Laoakai wrote:
Transport ships can transport 1 unit and 1 infantry max, right?

Yes.

Laoakai wrote:
5. There was a rule, that when the capital city of a state is conquered, the present IPC of that country are transfered to the attacking nation. Lets say next round the nation with the lost capital city, conquers it back. But they have no IPC to use, because they went to the attacker. two turns later the attacker conquers the capital city again and AGAIN gets IPC transfered? So basically its a back and forth where the guy losing his capital city again and again, cannot build anything anytime again, so basically hes out of the game in that case, true?

Yes. It's best not to recapture your capital unless you can keep it.

Laoakai wrote:
6. In combat 1 artillery unit only makes 1 mech.unit or 1 infantry hit on 2 as well not all the infantry/ mechunits attacking, true?

Correct.

Laoakai wrote:
7. Is there a limit in pieces, or can a nation build 500 tanks, even if those are no present as miniatures. But he wants to split them in a way, that is not possible to show with the complete lot of tank miniatures, can we use paper and write tank on it, or is the miniature limit, the limit of seperate groups in total?

You can use anything you like to represent units if you run out of miniatures. You are not limited to the miniatures supplied.

Laoakai wrote:
8. Can I move 1 infantry and 1 mech.unit 2 spaces to a sea zone containing a transporter and naval base, and then move them aboard and move the transporter 3 spaces?

No. Units may not move before loading onto a transport or after offloading from one.

Laoakai wrote:
9. Can axis player invade and conquer axis friendly neutral territory or only move through?

Neither. They must be claimed by moving a land unit with an attack value into (but not through) the territory in non-combat movement. Before that, it may not be entered or flown over.

Laoakai wrote:
10. Does Udssr player also get 3 IPC bonus for countries without IPC, that he conquered, like mongolia above china?

No.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thorne
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fantastic, thank you so much!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Royek
United States
Cochranton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
China does get a 6 IPC bonus if the Burma Road is totally open.


Krieghund wrote:
Laoakai wrote:
1. Minor/Major Complex. Can I build either air units and/or sea units, if I just have a minor/major complex and NO shipyard/airbase in the same zone? Or do I need the according base in order to build those units?

Industrial complexes can build any type of land, air, or sea unit. Bases in the same territory aren't necessary. Of course, the industrial complex must be adjacent to a sea zone to build sea units.

Laoakai wrote:
2. Is it true that strategic bombers cannot be on aircraft carrier, if so, why?

Yes, it's true. Strategic bombers are too heavy to take off from or land on carriers.

Laoakai wrote:
3. Are strategic attacks only possible with strategic bombers and are they also solved in the combat phase?

Yes, except that tactical bombers may also attack bases, but not industrial complexes.

Laoakai wrote:
If I attack a naval base in a zone containing an AA unit, may this unit also fire? Or only the base itself?

Only the base itself.

Laoakai wrote:
How much hitpoints does a base or a complex have?

They are never destroyed. Bases with 3 or more damage points on them are inoperative. Industrial complexes can mobilize 1 unit less for each point of damage on them. The maximum damage bases and minor industrial complexes can sustain is 6 points. The maximum damage major industrial complexes can sustain is 20 points.

Laoakai wrote:
4. How much is the capacity of transporters and mech.units?
Can mech units transport 1 or 2 infantry AND an artillery? Or just 1 of a kind?

Mechanized infantry can't transport other units.

Laoakai wrote:
Transport ships can transport 1 unit and 1 infantry max, right?

Yes.

Laoakai wrote:
5. There was a rule, that when the capital city of a state is conquered, the present IPC of that country are transfered to the attacking nation. Lets say next round the nation with the lost capital city, conquers it back. But they have no IPC to use, because they went to the attacker. two turns later the attacker conquers the capital city again and AGAIN gets IPC transfered? So basically its a back and forth where the guy losing his capital city again and again, cannot build anything anytime again, so basically hes out of the game in that case, true?

Yes. It's best not to recapture your capital unless you can keep it.

Laoakai wrote:
6. In combat 1 artillery unit only makes 1 mech.unit or 1 infantry hit on 2 as well not all the infantry/ mechunits attacking, true?

Correct.

Laoakai wrote:
7. Is there a limit in pieces, or can a nation build 500 tanks, even if those are no present as miniatures. But he wants to split them in a way, that is not possible to show with the complete lot of tank miniatures, can we use paper and write tank on it, or is the miniature limit, the limit of seperate groups in total?

You can use anything you like to represent units if you run out of miniatures. You are not limited to the miniatures supplied.

Laoakai wrote:
8. Can I move 1 infantry and 1 mech.unit 2 spaces to a sea zone containing a transporter and naval base, and then move them aboard and move the transporter 3 spaces?

No. Units may not move before loading onto a transport or after offloading from one.

Laoakai wrote:
9. Can axis player invade and conquer axis friendly neutral territory or only move through?

Neither. They must be claimed by moving a land unit with an attack value into (but not through) the territory in non-combat movement. Before that, it may not be entered or flown over.

Laoakai wrote:
10. Does Udssr player also get 3 IPC bonus for countries without IPC, that he conquered, like mongolia above china?

No.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thorne
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope someone will read this here and can clarify some more rules questions, instead of opening a new thread:


1. If I build a war ship into a seazone that contains enemy ships. Is it possible or blocked? If it is possible, will there be an automatic battle or can the other player decide to move his ships away in his turn?

2. If I have warships in a seazone containing a convoi smybol. The other player calculates his IPC and I can then shoot on his convois to remove some IPC. Are the ships I used also considered to be already used or can I move and/or attack as usual with them in my turn?

3. What units do block enemy airplane movement? Does 1 infantry block a sector for an enemy airplane to fly over it? If I declare a strategic bombing, can the movement to my minor/major complexes be blocked as well?

Thanks for clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It is possible, and combat will occur on the other player's turn if he/she doesn't move away.

2. You can use them normally on your turn.

3. Air units can fly over any other units without stopping.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thorne
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Krieghund wrote:

3. Air units can fly over any other units without stopping.


Even if there are AAguns in that area?
Isn't a seazone considered to be blocked for example if I have ships around Japan, can they still fly away? Can they still build ships?

Also if I fly over a neutral country, is this considered an act of war and they will join the other side?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Laoakai wrote:
Even if there are AAguns in that area?

Yes.

Laoakai wrote:
Isn't a seazone considered to be blocked for example if I have ships around Japan, can they still fly away?

Yes.

Laoakai wrote:
Can they still build ships?

Yes. Combat will occur on your next turn unless you move away.

Laoakai wrote:
Also if I fly over a neutral country, is this considered an act of war and they will join the other side?

Air units may not move over neutral territories, except to attack them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.