Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Strategy

Subject: End of first solo series game. Which occupation do you keep and why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty new to Agricola but really digging this game. Starting my secon solo series and here are the occupations out in play. Which one do you keep to leave in play for the next game in the series and why?

Wheedler take one addl food when you use an action to take food

Tutor one pt for each occ played after this one

Clay mixer (i think) whenever you take stone or clay. Take one extra clay

Well maker. Well is minor imp and only costs 1 wood and 1 stone

Opinions?

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutor.

It only increases your victory point total as you advance in the solo series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutor was my initial inclination also, but doesnt that turn into diminishing returns as you leave more occ in play after each solo series game?
Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your starting occupations are played in order of the previous games, so Tutor for #1 will be very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So even in the fourth game of the series if i have in play already tutor and three other occs from previous series games, that would atill give me 3 vp at game end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
guyheinz wrote:
So even in the fourth game of the series if i have in play already tutor and three other occs from previous series games, that would atill give me 3 vp at game end?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
guyheinz wrote:

Yes.

Yes Tutor should turn into 6 points later in the series, but only if you keep it first.
Some iof the best cards to keep in solo series are those giving extra points as it increases the ceiling of points you can score in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Van Assen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
TUTOR: 6pts later on.
To achieve a maximum result in the end, save Occs that give you points, wood, or resources in exchange for food (Pieceworker)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.