Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind paying the extra just to make sure I can get a copy...but I have heard that they cancel orders a lot....is this true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
I don't mind paying the extra just to make sure I can get a copy...but I have heard that they cancel orders a lot....is this true?

I've had prime since it debuted and I've neither ever had an order cancelled nor heard of anyone else's order cancelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:

I order from Amazon Prime literally a few dozen times a year (games, books, cases of beverages, video games, etc.) and I don't think that's ever happened to me before, not even once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using AP for over a year now and deliveries have all been quick and seamless with no cancellations. Rest easy, your treasure is in good hands by my experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had an Amazon prime order cancelled, and we order a lot from them.

However, there was a post from Isaac that Amazon should not have listed the game as a pre-order because they weren't getting the game. Unless that has changed, I don't think you can get the game from Amazon. You can pre-order it but it will never ship (and you won't be charged).

Edit: Never mind. I just checked that thread and it does look like amazon pre-orders are valid after all. Sorry for the confusion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from Amazon since 1999 and have never had them cancel an order on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I've never had an issue but I've never pre-ordered a game through Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E L Fitzmorris

Baldwinsville
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
I use Amazon Prime a lot and have never had an order cancelled. If the game comes out on schedule, I would expect Amazon to honor your order. And, btw, there have been times when the price has gone down before the item came out, and Amazon has always charged the lower price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I preordered Arkham Horror the card game from Amazon and received it over a month after the initial estimate. I did receive it eventually, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order dozens of times a year via prime, and the worst I have ever had is a shipment delayed a day or two. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon Prime is the best!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
AP is great. However the designer of Gloomhaven has commented on an earlier thread that the game is not available from Amazon...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1713856/availabilty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Alexandre
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, he just said he is not selling it himself directly through Amazon. He only manages the distributor. He will give 2250 games to all distributors worldwide. After that, each retailers buy the game to the distributor to sell it to their customers. So amazon can and will buy some from the distributor, and it will be available through Amazon (depending on the quantities of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.