Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven with? That is where I find myself, my girlfriend isn't into board games right now, and no one else I know is into board games, and I really, really want to play Gloomhaven. So what do you do? Well I've posted on reddit, on two different subreddits, and someone suggested I should post on here looking for people.

So that is what I am doing, so if you live in Las Vegas NV, I'm in the Summerlin area, and are looking to play Gloomhaven let me know. I'd love to speak with you and see if we could get a group to play it together. 1-3 people would be awesome.

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate post for here, I wasn't really sure where else to post this. Thanks for your time, and consideration, please excuse any typos and grammatical errors, due to an inner ear thing I'm on medication so my balance is a bit off, and my monitor won't stop moving, but we must game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a separate forum to find gaming groups here on BGG

Here is the one covering Nevada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See if your local game store has play groups. Make additional friends based on your shared interest in this hobby.

That said, if you are dabbling at ththe edges of being a board gamer and are just now discovering board game geek ..... I am excited for you. This is unquestionably the center of the universe as far as board gaming goes. I can't think of anything like it with any other hobby or interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Thank you for pointing it out to me, I had no idea, I'll post on there. So awesome thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
That's a great idea, I'm sort of not allowed to drive right now due to the inner ear thing, and the way the world kind of wobbles now.

My current gf really got me into it, I kind of stumbled into buying Arkham Horror years, and years ago then never playing it. Followed by buying Cthulu Wars, and never playing it. But I'm hoping to break that trend by playing the heck out of Gloomhaven, so spirits are high!

Thanks for your suggestion and response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanessa Lopez
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try joining meetup.com, there may be gaming groups that already meet in your area. That's how I found a number of gaming nights in Toronto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could drive to my house in the Phoenix area and bring the game with you Sure I can dig up a couple of other players for the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

There's not a lot of action at this guild, but it's worth a try given your predicament.

Las Vegas, NV, USA

Post a message in the forum there and maybe you'll wake them up for a moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gingras
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in the same situation. My wife is my board game partner, but 7 wonders Duel and mansions of madness is the most i'll see her play. So, sadly, i bought Gloomhaben for solo play. Maybe 9ne day i'll join meetup and try & find a bg group. Good luck!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascendent wrote:
Gloomhaven with? That is where I find myself, my girlfriend isn't into board games right now, and no one else I know is into board games, and I really, really want to play Gloomhaven. So what do you do? Well I've posted on reddit, on two different subreddits, and someone suggested I should post on here looking for people.

So that is what I am doing, so if you live in Las Vegas NV, I'm in the Summerlin area, and are looking to play Gloomhaven let me know. I'd love to speak with you and see if we could get a group to play it together. 1-3 people would be awesome.

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate post for here, I wasn't really sure where else to post this. Thanks for your time, and consideration, please excuse any typos and grammatical errors, due to an inner ear thing I'm on medication so my balance is a bit off, and my monitor won't stop moving, but we must game on!

This is not really a gateway game. If you want to get your GF into boardgames I suggest Castle Panic, or Ghost Busters for co-op games. Take that games Scavengers an Chaos and Alchemy.

If you wish to skirt the rules a bit this could be a gateway game with you coaching your GF. You are playing both characters with your GF watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
bobweekend wrote:
Ascendent wrote:

This is not really a gateway game. If you want to get your GF into boardgames I suggest Castle Panic, or Ghost Busters for co-op games. Take that games Scavengers an Chaos and Alchemy.

If you wish to skirt the rules a bit this could be a gateway game with you coaching your GF. You are playing both characters with your GF watching.

Oh she's a gamer, she's been a board gamer for a long while now, she got me into gaming we've played Legendary many variations of it, Arkham Horror LCG, Warhammer Quest, Mansions of Madness and more. She's just not into gaming "right now" she's not in the mood so to speak. All the other people I know are her friends, and my friends are all into video games and not much else.

So I'm trying to find people who would be interested in playing Gloomhaven with me because she's not all that into it. Sorry for the confusion, I probably didn't express myself well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonny,

There is a pretty big boardgaming community in Las Vegas.

Little Shop of Magic - open gaming
Meepleville Café - open gaming

There is a big convention coming up in March. Link below for more info

https://tabletop.events/conventions/meeplecon

I have Gloomhaven on order so plan on getting my gaming group into it in the near future. Although we have started a Seafall campaign right now.

BTW - I'm in N.Summerlin myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
T-Mo wrote:
Lonny,

There is a pretty big boardgaming community in Las Vegas.

Little Shop of Magic - open gaming
Meepleville Café - open gaming

There is a big convention coming up in March. Link below for more info

https://tabletop.events/conventions/meeplecon

I have Gloomhaven on order so plan on getting my gaming group into it in the near future. Although we have started a Seafall campaign right now.

BTW - I'm in N.Summerlin myself.

Yeah she frequents Little Shop of Magic, she goes there on Saturdays I believe. She's also in the middle of Seafall campaign with her room mates, and friends. Thanks for the suggestion and the link I will check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can let you know if we start a Gloomhaven campaign and need a player. If you are interested I drop you a PM when we start up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
That would be amazing, thank you so very much, good luck with your Seafall campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascendent wrote:
That would be amazing, thank you so very much, good luck with your Seafall campaign

Well welcome to BGG and here is some Geek Gold - get yourself an avatar and enjoy this community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Ascendent wrote:

Well welcome to BGG and here is some Geek Gold - get yourself an avatar and enjoy this community.

I'll throw in some Geek Gold to help with his Avatar! Welcome Ascendent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is why the BGG community is so great. Way to help out a fellow boardgamer!

Let us know how your future plays of Gloomhaven go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonny, have you considered playing solitaire?
Gloomhaven is a cooperative game and so it is easy to control two or more heroes and play against the game.
If you don't know much about solitaire gaming, I suggest you take a look at the 1 Player guild.
There is a forum full of friendly people if you have questions and want other game recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mcscowl wrote:
T-Mo wrote:
Ascendent wrote:

I'll throw in some Geek Gold to help with his Avatar! Welcome Ascendent.

Thanks so much, everyone has been so very generous, and kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I grew up in Vegas mostly in southern Summerlin and down south on Rainbow and 215 and have never heard of this Con. I might need to make a visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lemaunt702 wrote:
I grew up in Vegas mostly in southern Summerlin and down south on Rainbow and 215 and have never heard of this Con. I might need to make a visit.

The guys from Dice Tower - Tom Vasal and gang attended last year as well as Rahdo(sp) (another guy who does a bunch of video reviews). The Con's first year was last year and this one is supposed to be even bigger. Was a good turnout last year so expecting same or better this year. Couple of game companies are also in the area as Iello attended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.