Subject: The death of an Undying Giant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of questions about something deliciously horrible that happened to my Undying Giant Warlord on the Chasm Bridge map in today's Eternal Battle.

My opponent used his Outcaster's ability to move my Warlord one space off the bridge into the chasm. Instant death for the Undying Giant, of course.

There's no resurrecting him with his ability or my Undead Deity's species ability . . . since this ability use was not combat (as stipulated on the UG's and Deity's cards), is there?

I did manage to bring him back later via gore pile through Undead Deity sacrifice, at least. I brought him back in as a Warlord as he was before death. I hope that was correct.

The Outcaster is totally deadly on the Chasm Bridge! Beware!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
haha. The Outcaster finding a good power! Undying Giant did indeed die.

The most unfortunate part: If a card dies and it is the last card, the card is considered Extinct, and must be discarded. If you have any other counter as an Undying Giant than you could have raised it in the Gore with that power. But if you did raise it, you would have to pay to immediately level it to Warlord. So it can be costly. You might have a Warlord-less Cult until you can raise something, using Paths, into that position.

When your opponent killed your Warlord, he really bonked you, but you can build back. The opponent should have earned 54 KP

In the next game, if you are the only one that did not win, you can apply the campaign rule to allow you to receive 1 random Renegade Cult. If you are the only one to not win in the next game, you can have 2 random Renegade cults help you. The denizens side with the underdog, as they do not like the rising powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! Very unfortunate! That's what I get for taking him out on the bridge, though. Really dumb!

Made a note to get the renegade cult rolled up before our next Eternal Battle! Completely forgot about that. Thanks for the suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having the extra Renegade Cults are more for the campaign game, but could be used in Eternal Battles if the same players continue to meet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.