Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to painting my hero figures, but I'm looking to take things a step further and make the bases pop as well. I'm loving the look of the Cool Mini or Not bases, but I can't decide which ones to go with out of the options below. I'm leaning towards the ancient ones, but I'm curious what other people think would look the best based on the map tiles in the game.

Mystic:

Ancient:

Arcane:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make your own! Styrofoam, dollar store moss, hot glue, some black, grey and white paint, and have yourself a time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane! Gloomhaven has cleaner design

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely Arcane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there many curves though in the Gloomhaven design? In my recollection it is more angular in which case I'd probably go ancient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the grid brick pattern of the ancient bases but the cleaner look of the arcane bases. That's why it's such a tough choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What size bases do we need ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Rehker
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got myself the mystic, wood, shale and forest bases from microart studios, 5pack each. It is not so important for me that each class has the same base rather than javing bases that fit their theme more or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Rehker
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
What size bases do we need ?

I got 30mm, which are slightly bigger than the original but should still fit the hexes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering just putting them on clear acrylic bases. I bought a bunch for Mansions of Madness that I haven't put to use yet. I like the idea of being able to see the art beneath the mini, rather than trying to match the style with 3d elements of a proper base. Just my
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AmnNate wrote:
I'm considering just putting them on clear acrylic bases. I bought a bunch for Mansions of Madness that I haven't put to use yet. I like the idea of being able to see the art beneath the mini, rather than trying to match the style with 3d elements of a proper base. Just my

I've got a bunch of those, as well. I'll probably do the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those bases don't come painted like that do they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff Drinkwater
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd go with the ancient. They look a lot more general than arcane. A spellweaver would look good on arcane, but a brute or scoundrel would be kind of weird. They'd all look good on ancient. My opinion on mystic is sort of in between the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.