7 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: mini storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I just got a copy of the kickstarter edition with the exclusive stuff and was thinking of getting rid of the insert and combining them all in 1 box to save space. Are the minis to fragile to do that and should I instead keep them in their plastic shells?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't decided on what to do with my minis for this game yet. For the original AQ game though, I keep all of the game components in the main original box and all of the miniatures in their plastic trays in the Beyond the Grave box. It works pretty good for keeping everything together. The other good option is to make small trays out of foamcore that have dividers in between the figures. I have mine painted, so it is more about keeping those from getting beat up and scratched. I haven't run into any problems where the models were really fragile and have seen lots of people just dump their miniatures into one of the boxes loosely together. My only concern with that is that you might bend or break some of the smaller pieces like weapon tips and things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamarrs Anomaly
Canada
flag msg tools
The plastic CMON uses is pretty durable. You should see how they're stored in the factory - giant tubs of figures mixed together. If you look at other CMON games like Zombicide you'll see that plenty of people keep their minis mixed together in the same compartment. You should be fine when combining everything. I would be a little careful with the thin staves and swords when putting it away, but you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
I use the Adventurer's Set box for the minis. They fit nicely, with only a little of excess room left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a spare plastic box I got from Hobby Lobby so I dumped the minis in there, 2 per slot, and some of the extra bits in the left over slots.

Didn't find in the main box, but I can't complain.

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I'm temporarily doing is storing all the minis from Arcadia Quest, Masmorra, Masmora KS Exclusives together in a separate box (they all happen to fit in a Dixit expansion box).

Using a pocket knife, I carved out the figure's section from the insert of the Masmorra box, leaving a large whole in the insert that exposes the cardboard box underneath. With that extra space, there's enough room for all the monster dice from the base set, promos, and Monster Dice Set, also the promo Boss tokens and reference cards. Everything else from the Kickstarter fits in the Masmorra box by separating the minis into their own box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.