Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A shooting at a mosque in Quebec City on Sunday night killed several people and injured others, the police said.

Étienne Doyon, a spokesman for the Quebec City police, told reporters at the scene that the attack on the mosque, the Islamic Cultural Center of Quebec, had occurred around 8 p.m. Mr. Doyon did not say how many people had been killed or wounded.

An earlier report from Reuters, citing the mosque’s president, said that five people had died after gunmen opened fire during evening prayers.

Witnesses cited by Reuters said that up to three gunmen had fired on about 40 people inside the mosque.

Mr. Doyon declined to confirm reports that five people had died.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it “a cowardly attack on a mosque.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/world/americas/5-reported...

This is just too sad for words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Quote:
A shooting at a mosque in Quebec City on Sunday night killed several people and injured others, the police said.

Étienne Doyon, a spokesman for the Quebec City police, told reporters at the scene that the attack on the mosque, the Islamic Cultural Center of Quebec, had occurred around 8 p.m. Mr. Doyon did not say how many people had been killed or wounded.

An earlier report from Reuters, citing the mosque’s president, said that five people had died after gunmen opened fire during evening prayers.

Witnesses cited by Reuters said that up to three gunmen had fired on about 40 people inside the mosque.

Mr. Doyon declined to confirm reports that five people had died.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it “a cowardly attack on a mosque.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/world/americas/5-reported...

These are dark times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The thread title confuses me: so if I try to get rid of a wasps' nest and the wasps come out and try to sting me, is it my fault or the wasps' fault?

But wasps will do what it is in their nature to do.

Some more details of the attack: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
The thread title confuses me: so if I try to get rid of a wasps' nest and the wasps come out and try to sting me, is it my fault or the wasps' fault?

Some more details of the attack: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed...

Quote:

Sarxis wrote:

So yeah, I agree with him on the point that there is a one sided war against white races right now in the world, but I don't agree that we need to go off on some kind of crusade to rectify that

Shouldn't you be hiding under a rock somewhere? Don't you know there's a war against white races and you are in danger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
leave him alone at least we know who is putting holes in the bed sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note they did not release names yet.
Why ?
Discuss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:

Let the toxicness flow through you....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Your confusion confuses me, is it wrong to think the violent murder of innocent people is horrible? What is confusing about the title? The horrible weekend part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Why ?
Discuss...
There already have been reports that the attackers yelled in arabic, so that should be enough for you. There are many reasons to hide suspects names in a ongoing investigation where accomplices may be involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Why ?
Discuss...

Actually yes the did, it's in this story.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed...

Additionally, they were looking for a 3rd suspect, so it's possible they weren't releasing the names of the 2 suspects either because 1. they weren't certain they were correct or 2. because it might have in some way compromised the hunt for the 3rd.

I'm sure in your mind this is some kind of secret squirrel conspiracy by the evil liberal Canadians but it's likely just good police work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
Why ?
Discuss...

Actually yes the did, it's in this story.

From the BBC: Quebec City court clerk Isabelle Ferland named the suspects as Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed el Khadir.

Given the name of one of the suspects, this might be Salafi-Takfiri muslims deciding this mosque was Takfiri (apostate), and so a legitimate target (in their twisted ideology). Or there may be a different rationale. We'll find out soon enough.

EDIT: CBC is reporting there's only one suspect - Alexandre Bissonette. El Khadir is a witness, not a suspect. Worth remembering that early reporting is often incomplete or inaccurate.

SECOND EDIT: More information on Bisonette.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

This metaphor did confuse me something fierce. who are the wasps, and who's doing the exterminating?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Quote:

Sarxis wrote:

So yeah, I agree with him on the point that there is a one sided war against white races right now in the world, but I don't agree that we need to go off on some kind of crusade to rectify that

Shouldn't you be hiding under a rock somewhere? Don't you know there's a war against white races and you are in danger?

http://www.rense.com/general29/silence.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

This metaphor did confuse me something fierce. who are the wasps, and who's doing the exterminating?

White Anglo Saxon Protestants, clearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
growlley wrote:

Let the toxicness flow through you....

aieee, it burns , it Burns !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Best guess:
--The shooters are wasps.
--Trump's rhetoric and immigration ban constitute getting rid of a wasp nest.
--The mosque-goers who died were the tragic victims of wasp-stings.
--The Trump administration (or maybe just the anti-immigrant movement in general?) shouldn't be blamed because getting rid of a wasp nest is necessary and right.

Am I close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
Best guess:
--The Trump administration (or maybe just the anti-immigrant movement in general?) shouldn't be blamed because getting rid of a wasp nest is necessary and right.

Am I close?
That is probably his over-simplified, poorly reasoned view of it. It conveniently ignores that Trump ignored the wasps nests that are the only ones known to have sent wasps into our house and stung us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Zedsdead wrote:
Best guess:

Am I close?
That is probably his over-simplified, poorly reasoned view of it. It conveniently ignores that Trump ignored the wasps nests that are the only ones known to have sent wasps into our house and stung us.

To twist an already painfully bent analogy even further, it also ignores all the innocent, honest, hardworking, aid-seeking ants and earthworms and, uh, bumblebees, and (hell with it) men, women and children who are now classified as wasps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
How do three armed people only manage to kill five out of forty who are probably all kneeling on the ground with their backs turned . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
How do three armed people only manage to kill five out of forty who are probably all kneeling on the ground with their backs turned . . .

Only one armed shooter, and Canada is not an easy place to get ahold of rapid fire weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
aiabx wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Quote:

Sarxis wrote:

http://www.rense.com/general29/silence.htm

Ok so you are linking to a document from the National Alliance titled

"The Killing Of Whites In South Africa...And America's Silence"

Would you care to expand on the relevant message you believe is in this document. Give that the National Alliance is described as

Quote:
The National Alliance (NA) was for decades the most dangerous and best organized neo-Nazi formation in America. Explicitly genocidal in its ideology, NA materials call for the eradication of the Jews and other races and the creation of an all-white homeland.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/grou...

Oh yes and the website rense.com has these wonderful articles to link to on their front page

"Muslims Swear To Make It Legal To Rape White Women"

and

"Why Muslim Rapists Prefer Blondes"

Do let us know why you consider this website a valid source of information. Or is this some kind of satire?

Take your time, I have to get right of the cookies on my computer now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
When I went to bed last night, one of the gunmen was identified as a Muslim from morocco. The shooters were also shouting allahu Akbar

Today I see nothing.

Not even a report that the shooter was misidentified.

I see someone found something on the BBC, but that specific info has generally disappeared from the wider media without explanation.

There were a lot of rumours flying around. The police said nothing until today when they confirmed that it was the work of a single white male shooter, and that a Muslim man had been detained for questioning but released when it became clear he was only a witness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I am not impressed with the sense of propriety shown on this thread.

The OP is about the murder of 5 Canadians for reasons as yet unclear.

And here stll on the first page we've got South African websites being raised and examined.

How about; remember where you are and use your feedom to start other threads that focuss on other things?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

It is. How could someone hate so much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
I am not impressed with the sense of propriety shown on this thread.

The OP is about the murder of 5 Canadians for reasons as yet unclear.

And here stll on the first page we've got South African websites being raised and examined.

How about; remember where you are and use your feedom to start other threads that focuss on other things?

Now 6 Canadians murdered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.