Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot remember seeing any variants for either the Marianas or the Philippine Sea engagements. Has anyone seen maps and data for these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
I cannot remember seeing any variants for either the Marianas or the Philippine Sea engagements. Has anyone seen maps and data for these?

As long as I know there is nothing on the Marianas, but if had had a look at the image section of Flat Top you would have seen this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked but didn't find that. Needs a bit of art added to it. But, it's a good beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
I looked but didn't find that. Needs a bit of art added to it. But, it's a good beginning.

There it is, look better.
It is part of a long time ago published scenario. It would be nice if the Spanish fans of the game see if they can up-load it in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had searched the files section. That's where I had expected such a thing to be, not in the images section. And the scenario rules, OOB, and counter manifests aren't located anywhere (barring being placed in some oddball location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
I had searched the files section. That's where I had expected such a thing to be, not in the images section. And the scenario rules, OOB, and counter manifests aren't located anywhere (barring being placed in some oddball location).

You can't up-load such files without the author authorization, so you won't find it there. When I uploaded the article "Aircraft Carrier in Flattop by Mark A. Campbell", I made it after I received Campbell's authorization, and I waited several months before receiving it.
If you look in the Community Wiki section of the game you will find an almost complete list of what has been published on Flat Top. Including a second scenario published in Spain. None of them is present here since up-loading them without authorization can lead the staff to delete them or worst, but at least one of the two was available for download from the blog of a Spanish. Somewhere in the threads there should be the link, have a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Community Wiki links? Only led me on a wild goose chase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerónimo Menéndez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Romper y no doblar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle of Leyte was published in the magazine Lider long, long time ago. The publisher is out of business and I think there is no problem about it. You can download the magazine from: http://www.sinergiaderol.com/revistas/lider-joc.html . It is the #5 issue.

It is written in perfect Spanish, of course, but the order of battle and the map can be useful, I think. It is not a historical scenario, the Japanese are a lot more powerful that actually they were. It is supposed that the Battle of Marianas never took place and the Japanese aircraft carrier force can fight a last stand. The same for the land based air, that historically was annihilated before the air-naval battle. Without these points the battle would be unilateral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
Xerof wrote:
The Battle of Leyte was published in the magazine Lider long, long time ago. The publisher is out of business and I think there is no problem about it. You can download the magazine from: http://www.sinergiaderol.com/revistas/lider-joc.html . It is the #5 issue.

It is written in perfect Spanish, of course, but the order of battle and the map can be useful, I think. It is not a historical scenario, the Japanese are a lot more powerful that actually they were. It is supposed that the Battle of Marianas never took place and the Japanese aircraft carrier force can fight a last stand. The same for the land based air, that historically was annihilated before the air-naval battle. Without these points the battle would be unilateral.

A true treasure on the net. Muchas gracias.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1974vertigo2009 wrote:
Xerof wrote:

A true treasure on the net. Muchas gracias.

Interesting to hear this from a Spanish!
Anyway, I will too have a look at them, since there can be interesting things to see. cool
Like the better copy of the The Battle of Leyte article that now I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heath
Australia
Crafers
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
Community Wiki links? Only led me on a wild goose chase.

He means here, Tom : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2529/flat-top/wiki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.