Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W. K.
Germany
Rinchnach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A call for all wargamers with German mother tongue!

Are there are some wargamer colleagues with German mother tongue and professional English language skills?

We are searching for support in translation for our Assault - Red Horizon 41 ruleset. ;-)

Is there anybody who want to support us?

The drafted ruleset is 22 pages (incl. illustrations) strong.

And it looks like:

Thank you for your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthwolle wrote:
A call for all wargamers with German mother tongue!

Are there are some wargamer colleagues with German mother tongue and professional English language skills?

We are searching for support in translation for our Assault - Red Horizon 41 ruleset. ;-)

Is there anybody who want to support us?

The drafted ruleset is 22 pages (incl. illustrations) strong.

And it looks like:

Thank you for your support!

Perhaps you should contact Academy Games as Uwe Eickert is fluent in both German and English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might suggest an alternative methodology. You might seek someone whose first language is English, but with good German skills. I suggest this because of some history of which I am aware.

When Udu Grebe did the first translation of the rules for his fine game, Blitzkrieg General he did as you suggested. The result was a more or less literal English translation which, it turned out, was a difficult read for English speakers, because it contained phrasing which was idiomatically German rather than English.

Udo then got someone who was an English speaker, who knew some German, to help him make the text more idiomatically English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am an English speaker with decent German skills and technical writing experience.

I wouldn't mind helping out.

Please GM me with what you have in mind and your timeline/deadlines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. K.
Germany
Rinchnach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your support and your hints. It makes sense to look for a native speaker with German skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.