Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo B
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 9.2 When you play a "New leader card", the leader and his units are immediately available for activation.

Therefore, I understand that a card with two leaders (like C7, Wallenstein and Piccolomini) allows two possible activations in a row.
For me, It seems a too powerful movement (Two battles, two sieges... a sort of mini-campaign).
Are these two moves possible or am I missing something?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jur Snijder
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation is that the leaders are available for activation, not that they are actually automatically activated by playing the card C7.

In other words, you still have to play cards in subsequent Card Rounds to activate each leader separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo B
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Jur. I always thought so, but another old thread on this page seems to imply something else. So I was looking for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pablo,

I agree with Jur.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jur Snijder
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found the same question and answer on the CSW Forum (Jan 8, 2002 9:30 pm (#1923)):

"Am I reading too much into 'immediate activation' and if so are we missing something?"

DF- "Yes, please don't take immediate activation literally. That means that once placed they are available to activate on the following card play."

DF is David Fox, TYW's Designer, so that's definitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.