Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I have a question about minelaying missions. The instructions do not state that, but is there anything else to these missions, besides occupying my torpedo tubes ? Do I get some additional bonus for tonnage sunk due to mines, calculated after the war ? I seem to recall something like that, but am not sure if this rule is present in this game (I also play Silent War/Steel Wolves as well as U-Boat Leader games, where the rule persists).

Thanks in advance for your replies !

- K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an award for successfull special missions, if I remember cortectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya,

There isn't any rules for additional tonnage sunk after laying the mines BY the minefield....you're just assumed to be carrying out a somewhat dangerous mission.

I think I recall for "The Hunters" one guy created his own rules for tonnage sunk by minefields that were laid by the player, but I don't remember exactly what they were. Obviously you could do this if you desired.

I decided to stay away from this because of the extra charts and rules for something that (in reality) would be difficult to prove happened due to the player's minefield. And some ship might be sunk and you'd never know. So, it is somewhat of a bummer as it ties up 10 of your torpedo tubes, but at least you get an award for it, as was pointed out.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.