Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my first plan was to steal ninja Jacek Mańko's code https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24845824 and possibly modify it a bit to suit my tastes..

Turns out I had no idea how/why it works so.. Had to redo it all. (pic below)

I'm no where near as competent programmer though, so the code probably looks abysmal. Hopefully it at least calculates the rockets correctly..

Get from dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5275977/Leaving_Earth_Ca...

I coded this with python 3, but it should work with python 2, I think..

How to use:

Payload: Set the final destination payload.

Difficulty: Set stage difficulties in correct order. That is, trip from earth to moon would be 3,5,3,2.

Durations: You need to set as many of these as you have stages. These won't affect anything if you don't have ion drives tech (last bit in tech enabled).

Technologies: Available tech. First bit is Juno rockets, second is Atlas rockets, third is Soyuz rockets, fourth is Saturn rockets and last is Ion drive. Currently first 2 are always on anyway. So you can only enable/disable Soyuz, Saturn and Ion drives..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note about ion drives.

You have to add the weight of the drives to payload for the calculations to work.

Another note about ion drives.

You can actually set tech to 1,1,1,1,2 and this would mean you have 2(!) ion drives on your rocket. And the calculations will work. You can also add 3 or 5 or 10. Will still work. Just remember note 1. Add the weight of the engines to your payload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.