Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a break from our usual political slogs.

http://www.peta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Games-Work...

Quote:
Animal rights organisation PETA has asked Warhammer publisher Games Workshop to remove the depiction of characters wearing fur from its range of miniatures and games.
PETA, which has become well-known for its anti-fur campaigns involving celebrities and its calls for the humane treatment of animals both in reality and fiction, said in a statement that it had written to Games Workshop CEO Kevin Rountree to request a ban on the portrayal of fur clothing in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 universes.
The move is likely to rile up some fans of the series who see the ethical treatment of animals in real life and the depiction of fur and animal suffering in fictional worlds as different, a stance that PETA acknowledged in a statement.

I'm guessing they ran out of stuff to be irate about. It's also rather ill targeted considering how inhumane most of the factions can be to people, not even various local fauna. I like how they call out Russ and Horus for bad treatment to animals, lets just forget about the heresy and the deprivations of chaos... Or flayed ones, dark eldar, etc... I'm curious why they didn't start with video games though. Far Cry springs to mind, as does Ark Survival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
You're late:
PETA asks GW to ban fur on Warhammer characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many times PETA's controversial campaigns work just because they are bit on the ludicrous side and get attention to the cause, but this seems to go after such a niche item that I can't imagine it will get much traction and therefore will have little PR value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.