Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

In a Bind» Forums » News

Subject: Gigamic to release 'Yogi' - the rebranding of 'In A Bind' - in Summer 2017. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
11 companies approached me regarding In A Bind. 4 of them companies that I have massive respect for and was astonished to be able to talk to. 1 bought me an expensive meal.

In the end, I decided to go with Gigamic, because they:
a) gave/promised me a good amount/% of money
b) promised me a significant number of units sold.

The contract also gives me some control over any changes made, although I of course trust Gigamic to do what is best for the game.

I met with a couple of folk from the company in January 2016, have played a few of their other titles and had a chance to play some more of their games at Spiel 2016 (my first visit to Essen).

After some hiccups (the first artists found were not as excellent as we hoped), I'm really excited that we're on the cusp of releasing this to the wider world.

For the international market, we agreed upon the new name of 'Yogi'.

The original 'In A Bind' did fairly well, with about 2.5k sold by myself (about 5k if you include all 3 versions). Some are still available in UK-based shops/online stores.

With the marketing/distribution/connections of Gigamic, I sincerely hope that hundreds of thousands of folk around the world will soon be enjoying the game that will be known as Yogi!

(Still, in my opinion, the best party game of physical constraints. Although I think they will not be writing that upon the box.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - congrats Bez!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony H
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to hear. I learned about this game watching Board Game Blender a few weeks ago. Subscribing to this thread and Game section in hopes to hear about the release this year!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The new version is here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/224271/yogi

I think it's going to go into shops in July and it should be available in GenCon if you're going!

I'm hoping that folk can take pictures to show me, since I can't afford the flight over. :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony H
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not going to gencon, but ill keep an eye out in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Bez!

(The new art's good but I think I prefer the craziness of your original artwork.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.