Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So me and a friend wanted to play the game but we couldnt get another person to play "our wifes were at the gym where we should have been lol"
Anyways we set down to play and we knew we needed that 3rd person to play to make it worth it. So i Played the Feds and my friend Klingons and what to do with the 3rd player. We came up with on the spot to have each of us control the 3rd player every other turn. we felt it was Thematic the Romulans Deceitful, Treacherous, Liars we where able to screw each other up.

"As happens so frequently here on
Romulus, a new government came to
power. They decided to abandon the
plan -- frankly, I think they were
afraid I'd be discovered and it
would lead to war. They weren't
ready for that."

And to that end we did just that in the game it was Glorious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds fun, just an FYI I have played the games many times just with 2 players. it isnt nearly as good but it is still fun, just understand the flaws and dont take the game too seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Whew!

I clicked on this thread with a cringe as I fully expected it to be another whine about ST:A being for "only" three players! What a relief that it wasn't.

I don't know... to me, it sounds like all the complaints about the game being for "only" three players are presented with the tone that anyone who's not in a group of FOUR players are losers. I.e.,
"Well, I'm going to pass on this game! My group never has less than four players! Three players? What kind of game plays with only three?! I always have at least three other friends. Doesn't everybody? Only losers have only two friends."

Now of course they don't actually say that! And I trust they don't mean it, either! But regardless, that's the tone that comes across when they whine about the game being for only three players.

So I was very relieved that your post was positive about being able to make a three player game work for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Whew!

I clicked on this thread with a cringe as I fully expected it to be another whine about ST:A being for "only" three players!

...yet you clicked on it anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VanMark wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Whew!

I clicked on this thread with a cringe as I fully expected it to be another whine about ST:A being for "only" three players!

...yet you clicked on it anyways.

Optimism keeps me clicking....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.